MBAM file identified as malware by the Threat Emulation in ZoneAlarm

I have both MBAM and ZA running parallelt on this Win11 machine. They have been coexisting for long time and both seem to work as expected. However, the Threat Emulation function in ZA has under the last week identified several zipped MBAM files as malware and "put them in quarantine". The virus warning can appear "out of nowhere", even with the computer in idle mode. There are no obvious issues with Malwarebytes, so I wonder if these could be false alarms.

ZA_Malware.jpg

14 minutes ago, Stex said:

so I wonder if these could be false alarms.

I would recommend creating exclusions between Malwarebytes and Your AV to help prevent any possible conflicts or performance issues.  Please add the items listed in this support article to Your AV 's allow list(s)/trust list(s)/exclusion list(s), particularly for any of its real-time protection components and likewise add Your AV 's program folder(s) (likely located under C:\Program Files and/or C:\Program Files (x86)) to Malwarebytes' Allow List using the method described under the Allow a file or folder section of this support article and do the same for its primary data folder which is likely located under C:\ProgramData (you may need to show hidden files and folders to see it).

Thank you for the prompt answer!

With all due respect, why should I exclude entire FOLDERS when these two have coexisted for so long without previous issues? Considering that there is no such thing as ”absolute security” (contrary to Absolut Vodka :), and that MBAM may at some point – just as any other software – carry malicious content, isn't it better to have access to an additional AV that can provide a ”second opinion”?

ZoneAlarm has never before reacted to MalwareBytes activity or content on any of my 3 machines, while now it's handing out repeated warnings concerning this specific ZIP file! In light of their priviously good cooperation, it most certainly look like a suspicious file worthy of attention!

Honestly, I rather deal with occsional ”conflicts” (?) than open the gates to everything comming under the MBAM banner. For the same reason I also do not exclude any of ZoneAlarm's folders in MBAM. My intention was/is to hear from others whether the shown file is indeed known to be a false positive or a malware.