Browser Guard Reports Incorrect Device Security

FreeBird00

I have a Malwarebytes Premium subscription.  However, un Firefox 118.0.2, Browser Guard reports under Full Protection that "Device Security is installed, but only using free version with a button to Upgrade".

Under Microsoft Edge it is reported correctly.  

Please correct the firefox extension/plugin to report accurate information.

firefox_browser_guard_bad_report.jpg.d52b05a0d9fab547786bf7cab4744159.jpgedge_browser_guard_good_report.jpg.572f00cabf479f1d27b793874de89e17.jpg

@FreeBird00

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your system.

Please restart the computer and do the following.

WARNING: Do Not click the Repair option under Advanced unless requested by a Malwarebytes support agent or authorized helper

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop (usually C:\Users\Public\Desktop), please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Content Control" and "Import & Export" option has a "lock" icon on it and when clicking on them it says that I have to upgrade to Premium. I have Premium already. Everything else works fine and works fine on Edge too but not on Firefox. Have tested on a clean install of Firefox but I still cant access Content Control and Import & Export. Is there anyone else that have this issue? Any word from Malwarebytes staff on this issue? How do I fix this?

• 2 months later...

This happened to me also, I have premium but the browser guard was show device scruity as using free version. The only way I could fix this was uninstalling firefox and reinstalling. Then add the browser guard again. Now it's showing fully active and sees I have premium. Bit worrying, I wonder how long it's not been fully protecting my system?