Youtube detecting adblockers

guibin

It used to allow me to close out of that message. Then it put a timer on the X. Then it gave a me final 3 video limit. Now it just stops the player from running.

Other browsers worked for a little while before being blocked.

I am using uBlock Origin and MB Browser Guard. 

On 10/10/2023 at 2:58 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

Yes, YouTube has recently started this new campaign

I would still recommend using both content blockers as @Porthos has mentioned.

Wait a moment and click the X to close the YouTube alert and continue on The Ad currently should not show up if using both content blockers

Edited by guibin
17 hours ago, leo3487 said:

I no have that issue

Tried with UBO disabled and MBG enabled and still all ok

My friends aren’t getting this either. I found topics on various discussion sites and forums related to anti-adblock going back to May, 2023. It seems to be rolling out slowly.

Edited by guibin
Typo

I too have a very similar problem.  I'm using Firefox 118.0.2 with MWB Browser Guard 2.6.12

I do NOT log into YouTube for one thing.  What happens with me is that I have the Ad/Trackers turned on along with Malware and Scams.  Once I click on something to play, it immediately turns OFF the Ads/Tracker in Browser Guard.  It's annoying.

• Root Admin

Once I hit the 3 videos it blocked all videos

I deleted cookies and restarted. No block on a guest account but as soon as I logged in it brought the full block up again.

image.png

I disabled all Content blocking on the site and so far in watching about 8 videos I've not seen any in-video ads. The Ads are in images of the main panel and in links in the topic but so far not in the actual video.

That I can actually live it and simply ignore them. The only reason was using Content blocking was they were have 2 or more 3 minute Ads inside each video. That's just unwatchable

• Like 1
On 10/18/2023 at 7:25 AM, AdvancedSetup said:

Once I hit the 3 videos it blocked all videos

I deleted cookies and restarted. No block on a guest account but as soon as I logged in it brought the full block up again.

image.png

I disabled all Content blocking on the site and so far in watching about 8 videos I've not seen any in-video ads. The Ads are in images of the main panel and in links in the topic but so far not in the actual video.

That I can actually live it and simply ignore them. The only reason was using Content blocking was they were have 2 or more 3 minute Ads inside each video. That's just unwatchable

im using firefox and even though i've disabled all content blocking it keeps warning me that i have and adblocker and sometimes i just get a balck screen on the video player but if i refresh the site it goes back to normal

• Like 1
On 10/18/2023 at 12:35 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

In my testing it is not connected to cookies. It is connected to a logged on account and current methods tried cannot be bypassed.

On a guest account there is no block. Once can delete cookies as well as change IP on a VPN.

Interesting. I'm just noting my observations.

Today, the video playback was blocked for me again with uBO and Browser Guard. It was unblocked when I turned off Browser Guard's Ads/Trackers blocking but I left uBO on. I just turned Ads/Trackers back on, cleared my cookies and cache like before, and I was able to watch youtube like normal with both uBO and Browser Guard on.

8 hours ago, guibin said:

Interesting. I'm just noting my observations.

Today, the video playback was blocked for me again with uBO and Browser Guard. It was unblocked when I turned off Browser Guard's Ads/Trackers blocking but I left uBO on. I just turned Ads/Trackers back on, cleared my cookies and cache like before, and I was able to watch youtube like normal with both uBO and Browser Guard on.

I've tried that a lot of times and im only able to watch the videos if i open them on new tabs instead of just opening the video on the same tab or refreshing, but i have to do that every time i want to watch a video, if i enabled ad/trackers on YT with BG then i'm not able to watch even doing the previous steps

Edited by Xauma95
  • Root Admin

At the moment - if I disable ALL other Content blocking tools and use only Malwarebytes Browser Guard on YouTube I'm no longer getting the alert from YouTube and Ads are being blocked.

Maybe a combination of Content blockers was triggering YouTube for the alert? Have not really spent much time on looking at the issue myself

• Like 1