VPN function macOS (ma also iOS)

Go to solution Solved by treed,

Good evening

How come Google, even if I place the server on MILAN (Italy is my country) continually asks for control with that I am not a machine while DUCKDUCKGO is not? It becomes frustrating to keep the VPN function active... Isn't there a solution to use Google, with the VPN active? It is useless to hide behind a finger: unfortunately it is the only search engine that really finds everything, in addition to having work on commercial activities not present elsewhere ... thanks

• Staff
  • Solution

Unfortunately, this can happen with any VPN and Google.

Google decides to show these "I am not a robot" (CAPTCHA) messages when it sees a lot of unusual traffic coming from your IP address. When you use a VPN, a lot of other people are sending a lot of traffic to Google, and Google can see this as potential automated bot traffic. Worse, there can be actual criminals using the VPN to anonymize their activities, giving Google further reason to put additional verification on that IP address.

I've seen the same thing happen to people not using a VPN. Home internet service providers recycle their IP addresses, and you may get a new one from time to time. This may happen when your modem reboots, for example. If someone was doing questionable things on the IP address you get switched to, you can see CAPTCHAs.

I'm not aware of any good solution, other than to change servers and hope that a different server may give different results. If it happens without a VPN, rebooting your modem can help.

• Thanks 1

• Root Admin

This happens on Windows too when using VPN. I just had a similar block on a site that was using a custom CAPTCHA program. The annoying part though was that each time I went to post data I had to do the CAPTCHA check again and again. Finally had to disable VPN to get my work done while on that site.

• Like 1