Malwarebytes Browser Guard doesn't detect my premium installation on my PC

Hello!, I'm new to all of this as I bought Malwarebytes yesterday because of a particular situation I had.

The thing is, I have my premium installation of the program on my PC, and according to the web, the product is successfully activated, but when I installed the chrome extension (and opera gx too) it says that I have the pc free version installed and a yellow button saying 'update' is there, blocking me from reaching some features it has, like the block history (I think? it says content, so I though that will show me the blocked pages but I do not really know).

I have attached some screenshots of the app and the subscription page (with the exp date blurred just in case), as in that last image I had a sign at the top of the page, to activate my protection in my devices, I did that but this thing of the browser is still there.

I did use the Malwarebytes Support Tool to make a clean install of malwarebytes and let it install the browser extension itself, but, it did not fix my 'error'.
(The steps I followed: Clean button on MST, didn't reinstall anything directly from the message popups there, restarted the pc, downloaded the Malwarebytes installer from the web, installed the app, clicked yes to the browser protection part)

I want to know if you guys can help me, maybe the browser guard isn't included my purchased plan, I don't really know.

I don't know if this is the correct category to post the topic so, sorry if that's the case.

P.D: In firefox it doesn't show anything of this, I attached a screenshot of that too.

Thank you!

app 1.png

app 2.png

browser 1.png

browser 2.png

sub page 1.png

firefox.png

@diegoooo

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your system.

Please restart the computer and do the following.

WARNING: Do Not click the Repair option under Advanced unless requested by a Malwarebytes support agent or authorized helper

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop (usually C:\Users\Public\Desktop), please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

The uploaded screenshots with the yellow button are from Opera GX, the last one is from firefox.

I checked chrome before uploading the post and it shows the same as in Opera, I attached a new screenshot from chrome in this reply.

Also, when I click the 'actualizar' (upgrade) button, it redirects me to the principal page.

chrome.png

page.png

• Root Admin

Hello @diegoooo

Let's do some clean up of your system and see if that helps to correct the issue. You have some policies set on Windows Defender that should not be set.

Please copy the Farbar program to your DESKTOP to make it easier to find in Safe Mode

Fabar (FRST) program is currently located here:   C:\Users\Diego\Downloads\FRSTEnglish.exe 

Then run the following

Start in Safe mode:

• Press the Windows icon on the keyboard together with the letter I, to get into the Settings.
  • Choose Update and Security.
  • From the menu at the left, choose Recovery.
  • Under the title Advanced startup at the right, choose Restart now.
  • From the window that will appear choose Troubleshoot and then Advanced options.
  • Choose Startup Settings and then Restart.
  • Press number 5, for choosing Safe mode with networking.
  • You will know that you are in Safe mode, if the background is black and Safe mode is written at the four corners of the screen.

After that:

Please do the following to run a FRST fix.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user. Running it on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

• Select the entire contents of the code box below, from the "Start::" line to "End::", including both lines. Right-click and select "Copy ". No need to paste anything to anywhere.

Start::
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender: [DisableAntiSpyware] Restriction
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender: [DisableAntiVirus] Restriction
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender: Restriction
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate: Restriction
End::

• Right-click on FRSTEnglish.exe on your Desktop, to run it as administrator. When the tool opens, click "yes" to the disclaimer.
  • Press the Fix button once and wait.
  • Farbar (FRST) will process fixlist.txt
  • When finished, it will produce a log fixlog.txt on your Desktop.
  • Post the log in your next reply.

Thank you

Hello!, I did step by step all of that, and after it finished, I checked the extension on all my browsers (opera gx, chrome, firefox and edge too), and it seems that the problem is fixed, the browser guard now detects my premium installation

I'll anyway attach the logs just in case.

Thank you so much guys, for taking your time to help me.

Fixlog.txt

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following to help you better protect your computer and privacy Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you