Malware not getting removed after qurantine and restarting.

JinL
Go to solution Solved by Maurice Naggar,

@JinL

While you are waiting for the next qualified/approved malware removal expert helper to take on your case, even though you may have run the following Malwarebytes utility or its subsets, please carefully follow these instructions: Do not try any other cleaning of any kind after running the support tool. Use the computer as little as possible, even better don’t use it at all except to check this topic and follow the instructions given.

Restart the computer.

Then do the following after restart.

WARNING: Do Not click the Repair System under Advanced unless requested by a Malwarebytes support agent or authorized helper

1. Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
  2. In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file.
  3. In the User Account Control (UAC) pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation.
  4. Run the MBST Support Tool.
  5. In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced.
  6. In the Advanced Options, click only Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your computer.
  7. A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop, please attach that file in your next reply to this topic. Please do NOT copy and paste.

For the short time between when you post the diagnostic logs, and when your helper weighs in, please take no further self-directed remedial actions that will invalidate the diagnostic logs you will have sent.

Thank you.

Hello @JinL:welcome:My name is Maurice. I will guide you. Let me know what nickname you prefer to go by.

Take these actions so that Windows 11 is set to show all hidden files and folders.
Open File Explorer from the taskbar.

Select View > Show > Hidden items.

Select View  Show  File name extensions

Lets keep these principles as we go along.

• Removing pesky malware can be an involved set of tasks over separate runs. Have much patience. Follow my directions. 
  • Please don't run any other scans, download, install or uninstall any programs while I'm working with you.
  • Only run the tools I guide you to.
  • Do not run online games while case is on-going. Do not do any free-wheeling web-surfing.
  • The removal of malware isn't instantaneous, please be patient.
  • Cracked or or hacked or pirated programs are not only illegal, but also will make a computer a malware victim. Having such programs installed, is the easiest way to get infected. It is the leading cause of ransomware encryptions. It is at times also big source of current trojan infections. Please uninstall them now, if any are here, before we start the cleaning procedure.
  • Please stick with me until I give you the "all clear".
  • If your system is running Discord, please be sure to Exit out of it while this case is on-going.

This next tool ought to take something in the range of 15 - 25 minutes tops, depending on hardware speed.
get & run the Malwarebytes MBAR anti-rootkit tool to do 1 run with it.
Disregard the title subject of the topic.Run the MBAR tool as listed here 

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/198907-requested-resource-is-in-use-error-unable-to-start-malwarebytes

• when done, I need the MBAR logs.
  • Upon completion of the scan or after the reboot, two files named mbar-log.txt and system-log.txt will be created.
  • Both files can be found in the extracted MBAR folder on your Desktop.
  • Please attach both files in your next reply.

After you have completed the MBAR run as listed above, what follows below are the next steps. There is a lot to cleanup on this Windows system. Take your time. Go slow +careful + deliberate + with all due patience.

(   2   )

Launch Malwarebytes. Next click the blue button marked Scan.

When the scan phase is done, be real sure you Review and have all detected lines items check-marked on each line on the left. That too is very critical.

>>>>>>      👉      You can actually click the topmost left  check-box  on the very top line to get ALL lines  ticked   ( all selected).         <<<<     💢

MB4_scan_tick_ALL.jpg.d5c4071c62ed66534301fbb217b93bc0.jpg

Please double verify you have that TOP  check-box tick marked.   and that then, all lines have a tick-mark

Then click on Quarantine  button.

MB4_scan_all_Quarantine2.jpg.6c45445994d4125c0b617ac7c5551e03.jpg

Then, locate the Scan run report;  export out a copy;  & then attach in with your  reply.
See https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479194-View-Reports-and-History-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-v4

Keep going with next step below.

(   3   )

Keep in mind the tool FRSTENGLISH.exe is already on your system.

Please run this special purpose custom script. Read all of this before you start. Please Close all open work.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to Downloads folder

Fixlist.txt < - - -

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRSTENGLISH, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

IF the FRSTENGLISH ( Farbar FRST) issues a error message when you start this tak-run, then Please Stop and let me know the "error exception message", then wait for me to make a new reply.

Use File Explorer to go to the Downloads folder

RIGHT-Click on   FRSTENGLISH and select

RUN as Administrator

and reply YES to allow it to go forward to start.

That is important so that this run has Elevated Administrator rights !!

NEXT press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Downloads folder (Fixlog.txt) . 

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run. Attach FIXLOG.txt with next reply.

There will be more to do after this, as well.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may harm your system.

The Malwarebytes scan run did good. The custom Fix script run did a excellent job of clearing up several multi-pronged auto-start type pests. Do not let the message about the missing "vbs" file freak you out. Just click the OK button and do not fret. The system is in a whole lot better state.

Please do this special  search.

There is the FRSTENGLISH.exe  tool on the Downloads folder. We will use that to do a search.

Find & then start FRSTENGLISH

Type the following ( better yet, use COPY then Paste) into the search box exactly as shown

SearchAll: startup_str_266

Then press the Search Files button
Please wait while the program searches for all entries relating to this , when done a search.txt log will be saved to the desktop. Please attach this log to your next reply.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Your machine has the FRSTENGLISH report tool on the Downloads folder. We will use that. Go to Downloads folder. RIGHT-click on FRSTENGLISH and select 

Run as Administrator

and tap ENTER. And reply YES to allow to proceed.  

•  When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.  And be very sure to TICK the box for Addition.txt
  • Press the Scan button.

_frst_scan.jpg

• It will make a log (FRST.txt & Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool is run
  • Have patience since the run may take something like 10 or so minutes  (less depending on your hardware speed)
  • Close Notepad IF those show up on Notepad.
  • Just please Attach the 2 files FRST.txt +Addition.txt  with your next reply.

Thank you for the fresh FRST reports. There are 2 "scheduled tasks" we need to remove. This run should be very quick.

Please run this special purpose custom script. Read all of this before you start. Please Close all open work.

Fixlist.txt < - - -

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRSTENGLISH, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

IF the FRSTENGLISH ( Farbar FRST) issues a error message when you start this tak-run, then Please Stop and let me know the "error exception message", then wait for me to make a new reply.

RUN as Administrator

If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.

No need to be over concerned. It was entirely unexpected that that little run would go over 60 minutes. It is not anything to worry over.

Your machine has the FRSTENGLISH report tool on the Downloads folder. We will use that. Go to Downloads folder. RIGHT-click on FRSTENGLISH and select 

Run as Administrator

and tap ENTER. And reply YES to allow to proceed.  

•  When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.  And be very sure to TICK the box for Addition.txt
  • Press the Scan button.

_frst_scan.jpg

• It will make a log (FRST.txt & Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool is run
  • Have patience since the run may take something like 10 or so minutes  (less depending on your hardware speed)
  • Close Notepad IF those show up on Notepad.
  • Just please Attach the 2 files FRST.txt +Addition.txt  with your next reply.

Look now on Downloads. IF you see there now a "Fixlist.txt" then go ahead and delete that one. What follows is a new run. It will do a Restart.

Fixlist.txt < - - -

RUN as Administrator