Adware not recognized or deleted

Though I only downloaded the free version, Malwaredbytes did not recognize/find or remove this adware which has been popping up every couple of min.  I have thoroughly searched all the invisible LIBRARY folder and been unable to find it.  The website it wants me to visit is shown as "McAfee Total Security" @ https://presonsinatize.com/click.php?key=twgsv6iutv4ml4esvhcw&SUB_ID_SHORT=cjj8nsoviephpfc45jhg&PLACEMENT_ID=17450558&CAMPAIGN_ID=802160&PUBLISHER_ID=&ZONE_ID=&type=Push&age=4&creative_id=426409&campaign_id=91785&site_id=5601&placement_id=17736591

How do I get rid of this nuisance?

It's not adware, but you have properly identified it as a nuisance. The discussion directly below your's discusses the same issue particularly the staff comments at 

• Like 1

• Staff

That page is definitely just a scam page trying to scare you into downloading something. Most likely, it would have you download and purchase a legit version of McAfee, and the scammer would get paid via McAfee's affiliate program (which seems as if it is not very well policed by McAfee, as these kinds of scams have been going on for years).

You say this "keeps popping up." Can you provide more details? Does it open when you are using a particular website? Are you getting some kind of notifications in the macOS Notification Center (top right corner of the screen) that goes to this site when clicked? Or is it opening all by itself in your browser, even opening the browser by itself if the browser is closed?

• Like 1