Unable to restore purchase from this Google. Account

1 hour ago, Alisama said:

I got a new phone and I am. Unable to activate my Google play store purchase 

Are you using the same Google account?

Restore a previous purchase from Google Play Store

1. Open the Malwarebytes app on your Android device.
  2. In the upper-left corner of your screen, tap the Menu hamburger-menu.png icon. 
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Already have a subscription.
  5. Tap Restore Google Play purchase.

For help recovering a subscription that was purchased through the Google Play Store, see Reinstall and re-enable apps.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any update on this bug?

I've, just updated my phone to a Pixel 8 and I also cannot activate my google store purchase.....

I had the same problem a few months back on my Android phones which, as I recall, were on Malwarebytes Version 4 but auto updated to Version 5 and would then no longer Restore the Purchase.

Malwarebytes Support gave me several things to try but nothing worked to resolve the problem back then so it appears to still exist, based on my experience and your recent post.

I ended up purchasing a Premium Subscription directly from Malwarebytes and had to add ' seats ' for each Android phone which costs considerably more than the Play Store price that covered all Android Devices, as I recall. 

Not saying this is what you will have to do or that support will not find a solution for you, rather I got tired of trying things that did not work regarding restoring a Play Store purchase from Version 5 of the app.

• 2 months later...

Malwarebytes Team...

I am having the exact same problem.

• Just purchased a brand new Android table
  • Logged into my Google account (same one I always use) and downloaded the Malwarebytes app from the Playstore
  • Attempted to reactivate Google Playstore purchase thru Malwarebtyes app using the provided link
  • Getting an error message that it cannot restore my account. Basically says: "Unable to restore purchase from this Google Account"

Can I please get assistance with this? I have looked ALL OVER the Malwarebytes site for support and can't find any. Thank you!

30 minutes ago, JustinT said:

Malwarebytes Team...

I am having the exact same problem.

• Just purchased a brand new Android table
  • Logged into my Google account (same one I always use) and downloaded the Malwarebytes app from the Playstore
  • Attempted to reactivate Google Playstore purchase thru Malwarebtyes app using the provided link
  • Getting an error message that it cannot restore my account. Basically says: "Unable to restore purchase from this Google Account"

Can I please get assistance with this? I have looked ALL OVER the Malwarebytes site for support and can't find any. Thank you!

Install an older version then upgrade with Google store

On 1/28/2024 at 11:32 PM, Porthos said:

@JustinT Is Malwarebytes for Android still installed and activated on any other Android device?

I have not MB at my andoid but interesting this thread and your reply. Then I could ask to team: when plan to change phone, is needed deactivate Malwarebbytes within the app before uninstall or hard reset the phone?

I have this same issue. Updated a Pixel 6 to S24Ultra, transferred apps, everything fine except MWB. On this account it had just renewed a Yearly Premium Subscription December 4, 2023. I've tried every workaround I could find-none worked. I tried entering my desktop account, same gmail, and wouldn't work. The subscription is listed in the play store.

I also submitted a ticket from the phone on Saturday February 3, 2024 with no response other than it was received. How do we fix this? Thanks

1 minute ago, Gritt said:

I also submitted a ticket from the phone on Saturday February 3, 2024 with no response other than it was received.

it takes an average of 3-7 weekdays for a reply after the automated ticket number is issued.

• 1 month later...