So disappointed with the constant spamming of malwarebytes that my security

........is supposedly lacking

You are becoming like the other AV providers we (well at least I know I do) do everything to avoid, and it flat out sucks. As if the notifications about this and that weren't enough on first install, that I disabled as they annoy me and are pointless, now with the latest update there's a new "feature":

Every single time I restart my computer and open Malwarebytes now instead of being greeted that my system is safe, I am greeted that I should install the VPN and browser guard, and I have to disable the notification manually to have it say my system is 100% secure, every single reboot.

What is this? Seriously?

I can't install your VPN on this machine, as it's not compatible at all. It won't allow the machine to shut down, it hangs indefinitely and I have to force shutdown with the power button. Otherwise I'd install it like I have on my other machine. I have informed support about this. So I have to be spammed about it relentlessly?

I use Nord when I need a VPN, cause it WORKS on MY system. Malwarebytes should accept that and not give me annoying notifications otherwise.

Browser guard is useless for me because I can't manually click and disable ads that get through like I can with AdGuard, i.e. create complex rules. I also have Ghostery with the permanent block all "cookie notifications" function and between those two I would never need browser guard because they do what I WANT them to do. If browser guard had a strictly  "accept cookie" banner disable feature, and a click an ad to block it feature, sure, I'd uninstall those two and use just browser guard, but it doesn't. And that would still leave the VPN spamming anyway. As far as browser protection I use bitdefender traffic light which stops me from visiting unsafe sites, just like MWB browser guard. Sure I'd love to have it all in one extension, but until manual ad blocking and a no cookie popup option is added, there's no point for me.

So my system is only "82%" safe according to Malwarebytes premium. That's not cool. Oh, that is, till I tell it to ignore that. Then on restart, it comes back. Suddenly I am only "82% safe again". Funny how I can be "100% safe" when I disable the notification, so please let me make that option PERMANENT.

Oh and another thing, years later and you STILL can't make the app remember the last GUI size? I have to maximise it every single time I open it?

I'm honestly starting to feel I should be using Defender with hardening app and nothing else, as  I can't *stand* being spammed with messages when my system is perfectly safe.

Honestly please add a disable "optional products" recommendations option or I'm out. Can I go back to a previous version somehow? I won't tolerate this behaviour. 

PS getting low FPS in certain games again unless I add them to exceptions in MWB. I mean 10FPS for example instead of say, 300. That's how bad it interferes with some games.

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following:

Malwarebytes Support Tool - Advanced Options

This feature is designed for the following reasons:

• For use when you are on the forums and need to provide logs for assistance
  • For use when you don't need or want to create a ticket with Malwarebytes
  • For use when you want to perform local troubleshooting on your own

How to use the Advanced Options:

Spoiler
  1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  3. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  4. Navigate to the Advanced tab
  5. The Advanced menu page contains four categories:
    • Gather Logs: Collects troubleshooting information from the computer. As part of this process, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) is run to perform a complete diagnosis. The information is saved to a file on the Desktop named mbst-grab-results.zip and can be added as an email attachment or uploaded to a forum post to assist with troubleshooting the issue at hand.
    • Clean: Performs an automated uninstallation of all Malwarebytes products installed to the computer and prompts to install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows afterwards. The Premium license key is backed up and reinstated. All user configurations and other data are removed. This process requires a reboot.
    •  Repair System: Includes various system-related repairs in case a Windows service is not functioning correctly that Malwarebytes for Windows is dependent on. It is not recommended to use any Repair System options unless instructed by a Malwarebytes Support agent.
    • Anonymously help the community by providing usage and threat statistics: Unchecking this option will prevent Malwarebytes Support Tool from sending anonymous telemetry data on usage of the program.
  6. To provide logs for review click the Gather Logs button
  7. Upon completion, click OK
  8. A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  9. Please attach the file in your next reply.
  10. To uninstall all Malwarebytes Products, click the Clean button.
  11. Click the Yes button to proceed. 
  12. Save all your work and click OK when you are ready to reboot.
  13. After the reboot, you will have the option to re-install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
  14. Select Yes to install Malwarebytes.
  15. Malwarebytes for Windows will open once the installation completes successfully.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Spoiler

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: Find my premium license key

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

@TheodoreM Have you turned off the following setting yet?

image.png.07fb617e4e20350af94ee38886e28331.png

37 minutes ago, TheodoreM said:

So my system is only "82%" safe according to Malwarebytes premium. That's not cool. Oh, that is, till I tell it to ignore that. Then on restart, it comes back. Suddenly I am only "82% safe again". Funny how I can be "100% safe" when I disable the notification, so please let me make that option PERMANENT.

Is this the current version or the version 5 beta???

Sure have, first thing I did.

And it's worse than I thought, it resets every time I open the GUI, I don't need a restart. 

I am talking about their new "wheel" display as of the latest update a couple days back, that shows how safe you are. The only way for it to say you have done everything needed is to go to recommendations and X out the privacy and browser guard items, but then it resets on every GUI opening for the privacy, and for both items on a restart.

"Complete 2 items to increase your score"

2 minutes ago, TheodoreM said:

The only way for it to say you have done everything needed is to go to recommendations and X out the privacy and browser guard items,

That is normal and expected for items that you wish to dismiss/ignore.

4 minutes ago, TheodoreM said:

but then it resets on every GUI opening for the privacy, and for both items on a restart.

This is not normal. I have some dismissed items and do not have the issue.

image.png.eb049b4414fbb899309ea7e1f560499c.png

image.png.eff7c2ba2a8893228771ee2930275e1c.png

On 8/19/2023 at 9:58 AM, TheodoreM said:

Oh and another thing, years later and you STILL can't make the app remember the last GUI size? I have to maximise it every single time I open it?

That is coming in Version 5.

Can I go back to a previous version somehow?

What version do you have currently?

PS getting low FPS in certain games again unless I add them to exceptions in MWB. I mean 10FPS for example instead of say, 300. That's how bad it interferes with some games.

Adding exceptions is needed for some programs and games. I will take a wild guess that the ransomware protection is doing that because it relies entirely on active application behavior in memory to make detections, meaning your system would first need to actually be infected by a live ransomware threat for Ransomware Protection to detect anything. 

It's a fresh install as I was previously using Avira on this computer, so the very latest build. 4.6.0.277

uninstalled avira with revo, cleaned up the registry, rebooted then installed MWB fresh.

BTW thanks for all the replies

OK so this is the issue, mine doesn't remember the dismiss settings, so I am getting peeved about something which shouldn't be happening, a bug on my end, so I apologise to the team since I thought they were doing it on purpose to relentlessly tell me to get those two products.

I had to stop using Avira cause it completely blocks any ability to do system restore, even in safe mode. I have never seen this before, otherwise I was actually happy for once as I loved the in built windows firewall control GUI which was what I wanted, so simple to block and allow apps net access. MWB's free Windows firewall control ramps it up to 11 and is too technical and unappealing, but that's what I'll have to use since all roads always bring me back to Malwarebytes.

I don't like the program, I am not going to lie, cause it's not an all in one. I need to have WFC, MWB open for what most single security solutions can do in one app. I also use defended with MWB as I don't feel entirely comfortable with MWB all by itself, so that 's 3 icons/apps vs one.

But everything else I have tried seems broken to me. I was also really happy with AVG but it stopped NORD connecting, no matter what I did and what firewall exceptions I add. There's always something.

The other thing I have discovered is that almost all other AV are scripted support replies from people there that have zero technical knowledge. Their answer to everything is repair or uninstall reinstall. You have to really see it to believe it. They know NOTHING.

And this is where MWB is different, very different. They have knowledgeable top support. The only others that have this are Kaspersky and ESET, but ESET has hosed my system before and is far too busy and complex an app, it's a PITA to use, and Kaspersky I haven't tested with Nord but I will try that too and decide. If it works with Nord I'll probably buy Kaspersky as it's an all in one, and y'all don't have to worry about my complaining anymore LOL.

I tried over 30 AV products and seriously they are the only 3 with support that is actually proper support. Amazing.

Anyway MWB, besides games, even with defender running at the same time, keeps the system more snappy than any other anti mawlare tool I tested. I find that interesting also, how much most of the others slow things down.

As far as this issue, I am not sure how to fix it when I just did a clean install and reboot.

PS Porthos do you HAVE privacy and browser guard installed? If so, that is an explanation why you are not seeing the persistence of the recommendations. It might be different for those two vs say a scheduled scan. I don't get info about scheduled scans either, even though I have them disabled. It only took one time to tell it to ignore that, and it has persisted.

Sorry for double post, I have zero idea how that happened and can't see a way to delete one. Will try editing and see if I can do it there.

Edited by TheodoreM

20 minutes ago, TheodoreM said:

do you HAVE privacy and browser guard installed?

Yes, but here is the thing, NONE of my clients have Privacy and have no issues.

As for Browser Guard. I swear by it and have it running alongside Ublock Origin. It is now what I will call a critical part of Malwarebyte's overall protection as it can block many things (web threats) that Malwarebytes Premium can't/won't.

33 minutes ago, TheodoreM said:

Their answer to everything is repair or uninstall reinstall.

We do that as well but usually not until after looking at logs or if someone can't open or use the program at all.

37 minutes ago, TheodoreM said:

uninstalled avira with revo, cleaned up the registry, rebooted then installed MWB fresh.

I would not use revo with Malwarebytes though. We have seen it cause issues.

39 minutes ago, TheodoreM said:

Sorry for double post, I have zero idea how that happened and can't see a way to delete one. Will try editing and see if I can do it there.

I took care of it for you.

Hi, I ran Avira's own uninstaller, that's how I use revo, I just use it to scan AFTER the program's uninstall for leftovers to delete, and I carefully make decisions. MWB was NOT installed in any way with Revo.

Again, I only use apps proper uninstallers from ad remove programs, I don't use the revo registry monitoring tool.

I like browser guard, but it doesn't stop cookie notices and lets a lot of ads through, and there's no settings to change that. That's why I use a combo of adguard and ghostery as well as traffic light. I would LOVE to have it all in one extension instead of three. But with ghostery I have not seen a single cookie notice since install, and if an ad slips through with ad guard, it is so easy to make rules to disable them, even anti ad blocker banners. I can make it so I can browse a site and have those completely disabled. Can't do that with browser guard. Maybe what I should do with browser guard is disable the ad blocking, disable traffic light, and use browser guard as my web safety anti malware tool, so it doesn't interfere with the ad blocking of ad guard. I just thought of that now.

BTW I also use noscript and only allow a few trusted sites these days to have scripts. I am very pro protection. TBH I haven't seen a malware sample on my computers, not a one, in over 2 decades. I just don't do things that promote that sort of infection.

Regardless, even if I re install and enable browser guard, I will still get the notices about privacy, and as said, it's impossible to use MWB VPN this new computer. If I open privacy then exit it with right click on icon and exit, my system can then not shut down or restart, it hangs indefinitely. Even though privacy is no longer running. I will obviously not ever use privacy because of that. I suppose I could just install it and never use it to stop the spam, but why should I have to?

I am finding it hard to believe that this issue is only on my system and that others aren't seeing the new protection wheel percentage and don't see exactly what I see. I have used computers since I was 8, now 50, and it's my experience that every single bug I have ever had on any system in my entire lifetime, is always able to be reproduced somewhere else. It doesn't mean ALL will reproduce it.

How about for a proper test then you uninstall browser guard and/or privacy, then see how Malwarebytes is telling you that you need to install them to have a safe system and you can dismiss that but it doesn't persist?

I feel you should perhaps accept there is an issue with this on some systems, if that's not the intended behaviour as you tell me. As I said, dismissing scheduled scan recommendations persists. it's just those two that don't.

Edited by TheodoreM

I got frustrated so I installed privacy and browser guard and now I am at 100% safety lol.

I disabled ad blocking on browser guard but all the other functions as default I left enabled, so I am still protected from scam pages etc, and ad guard with my extensive filter list is doing the ad blocking. This should work fine. I also exited VPN and disabled start with windows so I will see if my system still hangs now.

7 minutes ago, TheodoreM said:

I feel you should perhaps accept there is an issue with this on some systems, if that's not the intended behaviour as you tell me. As I said, dismissing scheduled scan recommendations persists. it's just those two that don't.

I accept things happen.

Did you say you have other systems? Do those have the same issues? Privacy and browser guard in the MB GUI? Do they have issues shutting down with Privacy enabled?

I do have my Lenovo laptop and it has no issues shutting down with privacy. I explained this to support.

I feel it's maybe something to do with the 24 cores and state of the art hardware on the new one, it is only 2 months old and I bought it when they came out to Australia, immediately. Plus there's all the software MSI has installed for example MSI center and all these intel dynamic platform crap that might be interfering. None of that is installed on the Lenovo which is an old 8 core 11th gen machine.

I also use that (the Lenovo) in dGPU mode where as with this one I use it in hybrid mode with both intel GPU and Nvidia 4090 active at all times, i.e. optimus mode. Because the MSI machine doesn't have gsync like the Lenovo does, I need to leave it in Optimus mode so I can use Vesa adaptive sync via the intel gpu which the 4090 pipes through, unfortunately. 

My point is there are so many different variables compared to the old computer it works properly on. I do feel it has to be an MSI software conflict somewhere to be honest.

The other machine persists the same with the new MWB security wheel, just tested it. So there's that. I can disable the notifications with X button but they come back. This machine has privacy installed so it's saying that computer is 90% safe this time, not 82%, cause I don't have browser guard. It turns to 100% when I disable the notification but comes back on reboot. Exactly the same thing that is happening on the new MSI computer.

Yes but on the Lenovo, my older machine (from early ish 2021), I have only privacy installed and the notifications about browser guard not being installed are persisting, even though I I hit the x to disable that notification.

I am starting to think it's by design, and this is my exact issue with it. I don't WANT Malwarebytes to be like the other creeps out there, like AVG. This is precisely what this reminds me of, AVG and Avast tactics.

I tried to install Kaspersky to just give it a quick test, but it refuses to install. I think I have installed so many things and tried them on this machine that the registry might be screwed so I will give you THAT, but the old machine is running perfectly and has the same issue with browser guard and not being able to permanently deactivate the notification for it

I can't even TRY Kas as it fails midway, even though I uninstalled MWB as it was cracking a hissy fit about that. Now I only have defender LOL.

I think it's time to do a fresh windows install of this machine, format and install, will just grab the latest ISO and make a boot disc with RUFUS, it shouldn't' take me too long. will try KAS then but with a restore point before install so I can remove it then system restore back to before it was ever on my system in case I don't like it, and if I decide against it, I'll stick with MWB and that's it. I'll let you know what happens once that is done, and if the problems are persisting.

On a side note, the computer did shut down before when I installed privacy. Interesting. I hadn't CONNECTED using privacy though. Will test all of that once it's reinstalled. But if it's fixed, that's awesome.

The hang would previously happen after the OS had completely shut down, that's what was so weird, it was preventing the computer from "ticking over" to restart but everything was off so to speak. Weird as anything. It was like in a sleep state and I had to hold power to turn it off then hit it again to restart. But maybe that is solved.

• Root Admin

Are you concerned that the Trusted Advisor alerts you about Privacy not being installed? @TheodoreM

I don't have it installed either, but I do have a license for it. That is what triggers it. Because I have a license and don't use it. This should be fixed in a later build.

If you're still having issues or concerns about something else, I apologize

Thanks

1 minute ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Are you concerned that the Trusted Advisor alerts you about Privacy not being installed? @TheodoreM

I don't have it installed either, but I do have a license for it. That is what triggers it. Because I have a license and don't use it. This should be fixed in a later build.

If you're still having issues or concerns about something else, I apologize

Thanks

Caught me just before the restart and format.

Yes, because it tells me my system is only 82 percent safe. That bothers me. Again, I don't know how many times I have to stress this, even with privacy installed it tells me I am only 90% safe and persists in suggesting I install browser guard, even though I hit the x button to disable that notification.

Once again, these are Avast tactics to install their other software. MWB should not EVER scare the user that their system isn't safe unless an actual malware is detected. It's not cool.

• Root Admin

I understand and agree. We discuss this internally as well.

Let me get some logs, please. This should not be reading 82% if only the Privacy was not running it should say 90% so I'm concerned that something else might be going on with your system that needs looking at.

To begin, please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

Hi, I have just finished a basic reinstall of my system (with full format, I even delete all partitions to wipe everything).

Just doing the windows updates and some store apps and will get to this. Right now MWB is not installed.

We may be having a miscommunication though.

I have two computers.

On the one with MWB privacy and MWB premium installed (not currently activated, in 14 day trial mode as I had previously uninstalled it on that machine), it says 90%. 

On the current new machine, the one I am typing now, is the one that said 82% that was missing BOTH privacy and browser guard.

This time I have installed browser guard from the get go as I synced my windows edge profile and it came up. All is good.

When I install MWB Premium I will check it all out.

I would love it if I could get privacy working 100% as to have a second VPN besides NORD is a great idea, and why I paid for it, as it's rare, but Nord CAN be down, their local Aussie servers that is, so it would be good to have an alternative. I need to use Australian servers mostly as my Australian specific streaming media only work with Australian IPs (Stan, Binge, Foxtel).

Anyway, with the issue I am having with privacy, I can just install it and not use it for now, and as said before, when that was done, MWB premium showed me 100% security at all times.

So it's working as intended, I am sure.

But right now, the system is fresh as a daisy... it's literally just the OS, windows updates and some drivers right now, oh, and my edge extensions. That's it.

I don't mean to upset anyone but now that the system is installed fresh, I intend to make a restore point and give Kaspersky a go. Please note, this is ONLY because I am still on this never ending quest to find an anti malware program that is a complete all in one.

I have tried over 30 of them now and they are all junk (for one reason or another), all of them, except MWB, Eset and Kaspersky. I had tried Kaspersky on the previous install a month or so back, but because its web injection module slowed down browser clicks, I uninstalled it. I was being pedantic and should give it a fair proper go. Get this. Bit Defender, which is so highly lauded, slowed down my c to d drive copy times to 200 mb/s maximum. These are gen 4 SSD. I uninstalled it and it was back to 5GB/S average doing file copies. AVG made Nord VPN unusable. Avira 100% breaks system restore, there is no workaround like there is with MWB.

Kaspersky has a proper disable at start option like MWB which and can be completely closed down so system restore works well with it. As said, I need to give it a real go. It also has a disable self defense option like MWB does, which Avira lacks. Avira really slowed my system down a lot. I used it for 3 weeks and was shocked how fast startup and everything else was once I uninstalled it. MWB doesn't slow the system at all.

I am torn and in two minds, I could install MWB premium right and now and firewall control and be done, but my mind will drive me crazy unless I try Kaspersky properly, so I know "for sure".

I hope there is no offence to anyone as that's certainly not intended. I am a silly, fussy pedantic soul. I am 50yo with real OCD all my life and unfortunately it affects even this. I am a neat freak so to speak and love the all in one idea.

Cheers

• Root Admin

No offense whatsoever. I think we all want the "best" we can find for our own needs, desires, and budgets.

I've used Kaspersky a few times but often not longer than about a month as I find it a bit too intrusive. It's a great product and many may find it does just the right set of operations for them. For me though it's just a tad overkill if you will.

The #1 think you need to be concerned with is making sure you have a good, solid backup routine (which should also include a master image of the entire drive to an external hard drive). Then ongoing data back ups.
Also make sure you test recovery so that you know restore works

Backup Software
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/136226-backup-software

Then, the following advice should help you to keep the computer clean and your data safer.

1. Recommend using a Password Manager for all websites, etc. that require a password. Never use the same password on more than one site.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/240255/password-managers-compared-lastpass-vs-keepass-vs-dashlane-vs-1password/
  2. Make sure you're backing up your files https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/136226-backup-software/
  3. Keep all software up to date - PatchMyPC - https://patchmypc.com/home-updater#download
  4. Keep your Operating System up to date and current at all times - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-update-faq-8a903416-6f45-0718-f5c7-375e92dddeb2
  5. Further tips to help protect your computer data and improve your privacy: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/258363-tips-to-help-protect-from-infection/ 
  6. Please consider installing the following Content Blockers for your Web browsers if you haven't done so already. This will help improve overall security

Malwarebytes Browser Guard

uBlock Origin

If you'd like Malwarebytes and Windows Defender to both work in full mode instead of Windows Defender only being a secondary scanner to Malwarebytes then consider setting it up as below..

Please make the following change in Malwarebytes if you're using the Premium or Trial version

• Please open Malwarebytes. Click on the small gear icon to open the Settings and go to the Security tab.
  • Then turn off "Always register Malwarebytes in the Windows Security Center"
  • Restart the computer

It is highly unlikely that you need to setup exclusions for Windows Defender, however if you experience any issues, please see the following article and setup exclusions
between Malwarebytes and Windows Defender

Malwarebytes for Windows antivirus exclusions list
https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038522974-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-antivirus-exclusions-list

Then visit the following links on how to setup exclusions in Windows Defender

How to Add or Remove Exclusions for Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 10
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5924-add-remove-microsoft-defender-antivirus-exclusions-windows-10-a.html

Add or Remove Exclusions for Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 11
https://www.elevenforum.com/t/add-or-remove-exclusions-for-microsoft-defender-antivirus-in-windows-11.8797/

We are not aware of any currently known issues between Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium

As for setting up Windows for a GREAT clean install I'd highly recommend looking at this video from Chris Titus

After the initial install of Windows I'd get all the vendor drivers and extract the zip files then point the device update to the correct drivers so that you don't have any installation programs or services that you really don't need.

It will reduce the process and services by quite a bit.

The Perfect Windows 11 Install

Chris Titus Tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UQZ5oQg8XA

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Updated information

There's a LOT of stuff to turn off in K. Wow.

All extra junk like app updaters and duplicate finders etc etc. But it can be disabled with no repercussions and no persistent warnings. 

Nord works fine.

Startup is not delayed at all, just like Malwarebytes. Windows boots very fast and takes my pic to log in almost instantly (windows hello). With Avira there was a 10 second delay before cam kicked in to do that on every startup.

It's a very complex program but not as bad as ESET and the interface is a lot more user friendly. 

I like webcam and mic protection but I'd like to see it more fleshed out like AVG's.

I don't think anything is as fast as Malwarebytes, even with MWB and Defender enabled at the same time.

It's nice having everything in one app, and if I buy it I'll just get one seat for cheap and keep MWB/privacy on the older 8 core laptop (which is also my travel laptop as it's quite slim, the 2021 legion 7).

Interestingly, I am using MWB browser guard in combo with K, rather than the Kaspersky extension. Even with the inject script disabled there's a small delay on the web but it's tolerable.

I just don't know at this stage to be frank.

What I DO know is that if I end up using MWB I'll have both privacy and BG installed, so the subject of this topic won't really be relevant as MWB will not be making suggestions for me to improve my security.

I'd still like to see that feature amended, i.e., to suggest it once but if the user disables the notification, for that choice to be persistent.

• Root Admin
7 hours ago, TheodoreM said:

I'd still like to see that feature amended, i.e., to suggest it once but if the user disables the notification, for that choice to be persistent.

That is the goal. Not sure when that will be implemented, but we're working on it.

Is there any specific thing you still need then at this time @TheodoreM

45 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

That is the goal. Not sure when that will be implemented, but we're working on it.

Is there any specific thing you still need then at this time @TheodoreM

A million dollars would be great LOL! :)

You asked!

So I installed MWB after all as my second opinion, but I disabled all real time modules and added exceptions in Kaspersky for the same ones listed to add to Defender. No conflict so far.

But now my security is at 40%, of course, cause of those modules, so for now, consider this topic dead and buried. I said my piece, and as always I got amazing support and appreciate it, sincerely.