Who is running this circus?

Go to solution Solved by AdvancedSetup,

I have been trying to reach out to Malewarebytes for days. Can't get anyone on the phone under any option that is listed (business, home, costumer support, etc.). I was disconnected multiple ties as well. My laptop does not allow me to download Malewarebytes. So, I am unable to 'activate' my account. AND I have been requesting to speak to a person on their support link via email, several times. I get generic answers that don't help and have explained why they don't help in the several responses I replied to in my emails. I want a refund. I no longer want assistance as this has proven to be unfruitful. Because of the lack of customer service, I no longer wish to resolve this. JUST give me the refund. 

You have my name on file.

20 minutes ago, Gramgram said:

I want a refund. I no longer want assistance as this has proven to be unfruitful. Because of the lack of customer service

You have to contact support the way you already did in the past and request a refund.

Can't get anyone on the phone

Malwarebytes does not offer any consumer phone support, sorry.

My laptop does not allow me to download Malewarebytes.

Those issues with installing the program are supported here on the forum.

We would be happy to assist you here with installing the program if you wish.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

• Root Admin
  • Solution

Hello @Gramgram

Sorry to hear you're having issues, but in some cases today the computer infection is purposefully blocking the installation of all antivirus programs.

If you'd like help scanning or cleaning your computer, please run the following

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

• Like 1

<< pardon my piping in >>  @gramgram
Firstly, Malwarebytes has never ever had a telephone-based support for customer service.
Secondly, I can tell you first-hand that Malwarebytes stands by a money back refund, IIRC, within the first 60 days.
Thirdly, the folks here, as well as at Support, do go out of their way to help cure a installation issue, and as well, any infection issue.

Fourthly, only Support can assist with refunds.

If you are a Malwarebytes for Home customer and purchased our consumer Software products from Malwarebytes directly pursuant to our 60-day money-back guarantee you may be eligible to request cancellation and refund within 60 days of purchase of your new subscription. Third-party vendors may not offer a 60-day money-back guarantee. The 60-day money-back guarantee does not apply to renewals. If you purchased Malwarebytes for Home from other third-party vendors, including retail stores, Apple App Store, Google Play store, please contact those vendors directly for more information about their refund policies.

cf.  Malwarebytes Software License Agreement
cf. https://www.malwarebytes.com/eula

Fifth, take up the offer by Advancedsetup to help you on getting a good install. The help is free, no cost.

Just by the way, to get hold of Malwarebytes Customer Support start here

Edited by Maurice Naggar
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I tried all of the suggestions. My computer would not allow me to get past the activation part of it. I feel like Microsoft kept blocking me. I would get a message from Microsoft, telling me they don't support Malwarebytes. Or any other antivirus software. I think I have to take the computer in for diagnostics. 

Just now, Gramgram said:

Do you know how?

To check if your PC is using S-Mode go to  Settings > System > About. On the About page, scroll down to the “Windows Specifications” section. If you see the words “in S mode” to the right of the Edition entry, you’re using an S Mode PC. If you don’t, you’re not using S Mode.

4 minutes ago, Gramgram said:

Cool. Looks like I'm am in Windows 11, S mode.

That is 10000% why Malwarebytes or ANY other 3rd party software will not install. S mode locks you to installing only from the Microsoft store hence the "S" mode.

We can assist you in upgrading out of it as the upgrade is free. It is up to you.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1