M/S XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 KB954430

RAWANDLAW

Hello,

I keep getting a prompt to download this update. I have already downloaded it in the past month or so. I have tried all of the "helpful" ;) information on the Microsoft site on how to rid myself of it, but nothing worked!!

I am so tired of all this, what is happening? Why does it continuallytell me that the update is available for download in my automatic update?

I am running on M/S XP Home Edition.

What other information do you need to help me with this problem?

Thanks so very much,

RAWANDLAW

Greetings ;)

Please try the following to see if it helps:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall the following if found:
    M/S XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 KB954430 (Note: it might be listed as simply KB954430 or something similar)

Reboot your PC then download and install the update from here and reboot your computer again. Then check for updates and see if it is still listed as needing to be installed.

Please let me know how it goes.

Greetings ;)

Please try the following to see if it helps:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall the following if found:
    M/S XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 KB954430 (Note: it might be listed as simply KB954430 or something similar)

Reboot your PC then download and install the update from here and reboot your computer again. Then check for updates and see if it is still listed as needing to be installed.

Please let me know how it goes.

Hi Exile 360,

I did as you suggested. It was in my ADD/REMOVE list, so I removed it, rebooted, downloaded it as you suggested from the site you gave me. Then I rebooted again, checked for updates, it WASN'T there.

So far I have NOT gotten the promt back as yet. I will monitor it for a few days and get back to you if the prompt shows up again for the same update.

If I do not contact you back regarding this problem then PLEASE accept my sincere THANKS for you very useful and prompt help.

Have the greatest day,

RAWANDLAW ;)

• 2 weeks later...

@exile.

i just back home from netherlands,visting fammily,so forgive me if there are other topics about this,or scold me.:

anyways i booted up and find two updates didnt install.

one was the update others found probs with the other was the mallicious tool remvol app.

both didnt install.

i simply downloaded the problamtic update and installed itall went fine,i didnt remove the KB954430 update beforhand as i thought i was just auto updates playing up.

would you think i should leave as is or remove KB954430?

afterwards the malcious tool downloaded ok.so i guess alls ok but i aint sure so here i am.:)

thanks my freind.

i overcomplexed myself as well as my ususal trerrible spelling.

on the 4th off nov this update failed;

"Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP (KB976749)" it later installed properly.so when the update/s on the 18th also failed,i just rebooted tried again after a quick scan and peek within hijack and a few other folders to see if something nasty was causing this.

nothing found and the updates below still failing;

Security Update for Windows XP (KB969947) & Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - November 2009 (KB890830)

i then manually installed the update "Security Update for Windows XP (KB969947)."

without removing anything,it seemed to work as i was then offered;

"Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - November 2009 (KB890830)" witch downloaded as per normal and properly installed.

i was stpuid yesterday and didnt look to see if the update i manually installed installed properly,looking at revo unistaller today i find it has.i was over tired and confused myself a tad yesterday as well as yourself.

all updates in place so far simply wonder why i didnt have to remove KB954430 when others have had to,today after a good kip and a freash mind i think nothings in error.

and feel like i have wasted your time,when i should off looked harder at the problem myself.

sorry.