Browser Guard causes Wordpress page to crash when copying block of text

4MinutesFA

TL;DR; copying a block of text in the Wordpress editor on Chrome does not copy it and also causes the page to hang with Browser Guard switched on.

I have been trying to copy some text* from one Wordpress site that I manage to another. If I highlight the text to be copied and hit CTRL^C (or right-click Copy) it does not copy it to the clipboard. CTRL^V pastes whatever was previously in the clipboard

The page that I tried to copy the text from then hangs whether or not I have tried to paste the text.

* the text is the description field of a Woocommerce product FWIW.

I'm presuming that it is related to the 'new' clipboard between sites monitoring facility.

If I turn off the Chrome extension the COPY-PASTE works fine. Turn it back on again and it crashes.

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Do you get any actual block notices?

I would also suggest turning the 3 toggles off on both of your sites and seeing what happens.

Doing that on a site just disables BG on those sites only and protectin on everywhere else.

image.png.54637d5f3f7d81e7e1e481676c688d7b.png

No notice from anywhere. Toggling ads/trackers or Malware doesn't change anything (it still hangs), but if I turn off 'scams' it all works fine, so the bug is within whatever that does.

• Thanks 1