Windows Update keeps giving Net helpmsg 2182 with new hard disk and network

Hi there, I've been to a computer shop and I used the connection of the place to try install updates after the clean installation with the pendrive. Same problems, so it must be the pendrive. Maybe I need a different network even in making the pendrive with media creation tool or the virus is in the RAM. Or it's a Microsoft problem!

Edited by Immanuel

14 minutes ago, Immanuel said:

I'm trying to enable all the features in the anti-exploit advanced settings in malwarebytes.

It is not recommended to change ANY settings in that section.

image.png.884fb04461f886b2aacf9fac89e2c0e8.png

If you have made any changes please reset that section defaults.

image.png.4525464410c31a0fc709f0594ec9bbc5.png

Edited by Porthos

1 minute ago, AdvancedSetup said:

As I said before. Without being able to do a proper clean install on your own, then yes, you will need to take it to a reputable computer shop and have them do a clean install for you.

I don't get where the problem is, I have installed in unallocated space and this creates 3 or 4 partitions automatically. The OS is installed in Primary partition type. Has it to be in a System type?

• Root Admin

I do not know the cause.

The install is working to get Windows installed. The most common issue at that point is possible missing drivers so that some hardware may not work properly until you install that driver, but that does not disable security software. It simply doesn't allow access to that specific hardware.

In your case each time Windows Defender is disabled and Windows Updates are disabled. That is not normal and is often a sign that the computer is infected.

If it wasn't just working and there were many other services that were not working as well then one might assume that something did fail during the install, but you don't have that issue. You have a very specific issue of only the security of the computer being disabled.

13 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

As I said before. Without being able to do a proper clean install on your own, then yes, you will need to take it to a reputable computer shop and have them do a clean install for you.

So it can be hidden in the RAM

Edited by Immanuel

Can you say if now they are still disabled? Do I have to download Malwarebytes support tool, right? Now I have only MWB and Windows Defender, no Kaspersky that maybe was causing troubles and making you see Windows Defender and Updates disabled

Edited by Immanuel

• Root Admin

No it cannot be stored in RAM - every time the computer restarts it resets the RAM

Go ahead and run the following, but if it's still wrong then I'm going to close your topic. I've now spent an enormous amount of time on an issue that a local computer repair shop can fix for you.

To begin, please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

• Thanks 1

The man at the pc shop was very busy with other work before the holiday closing time, don't know if I write it correctly, and just let me verify if the problem was the network. He can take care of my pc from 21 august. Now I can assure you that Windows Defender results active and functioning, to me at least. Tell me if the log tells the same.mbst-grab-results.zip

Cattura.PNG

Edited by Immanuel

• Root Admin

Windows Defender:
================ Event[0]:

Dates: 2023-08-10 21:25:35
Description:
Microsoft Defender Antivirus: Error trying to update security intelligence. An attempt will be made to revert to a previous version.
Security intelligence attempted: Current
Error code: 0x80501102
Error Description: Unexpected problem. Install all available updates, then try launching the program again. For information about installing updates, see Help and Support.
Security intelligence version: 1.395.117.0;1.395.117.0
Engine version: 1.1.23070.1005

Dates: 2023-08-10 20:48:37
Description:
Microsoft Defender Antivirus: Error trying to update security intelligence. An attempt will be made to revert to a previous version.
Error Description: Unexpected problem. Install all available updates, then try launching the program again. For information about installing updates, see Help and Support.
Security intelligence version: 1.395.117.0;1.395.117.0
Engine version: 1.1.23070.1005

The logs also show you have a BIOS/UEFI thermal issue. You need to visit the Asus support website for your motherboard and look to see if they have a BIOS/UEFI update you can install.

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. X555LPB.302 04/17/2019
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X555LPB

System errors:
=============
Error: (08/10/2023 09:13:52 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power) (EventID: 54) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: The collaboration processor power management controls in group 0 processor 3 are disabled due to a firmware issue. To obtain updated firmware, contact the computer manufacturer.

Application errors:
==================
Error: (08/11/2023 06:57:29 AM) (Source: DPTF) (EventID: 256) (User: )
Description: Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework : ESIF(8.3.10207.5567) TYPE: ERROR MODULE: DPTF TIME 34308315 ms

DPTF Build Version:  8.3.10207.5567
DPTF Build Date:  Nov  2 2017 14:28:00
Source File:  ..\..\..\..\Sources\Policies\ConfigTdpPolicy\ConfigTdpPolicy.cpp @ line 194
Executing Function:  ConfigTdpPolicy::onDomainPowerControlCapabilityChanged
DPTF Build Date:  Nov  2 2017 14:28:00
Source File:  ..\..\..\Sources\Manager\EsifServices.cpp @ line 540
Executing Function:  EsifServices::primitiveExecuteSetAsTimeInMilliseconds
Message:  Error returned from ESIF services interface function call
Participant:  TCPU [0]
Domain:  PKG [0]
ESIF Primitive:  SET_RAPL_POWER_LIMIT_TIME_WINDOW [340]
ESIF Instance:  0
ESIF Return Code:  ESIF_E_PRIMITIVE_NOT_FOUND_IN_DSP [2404]

Participant:  TCPU [0]
Domain:  PKG [0]
Policy:  ConfigTDP Policy [0]

Try to update the Firmware BIOS/UEFI

Then once that's done, try running the following scan

Dr.Web CureIt!

Please download the Dr.Web CureIt! anti-virus utility
https://free.drweb.com/

You will need to send them an email to obtain a link to download the scanner, please do so

• The downloaded file will normally have a unique name such as:  q7a9tr4p.exe
  • Close all open applications and locate the downloaded file and double-click to run it
  • The program will take a moment to launch and bring up the License and Update screen
  • Place a check mark to agree to the terms and then click on the Continue button
  • Click the underlined link Select objects for scanning
  • On the top left click the Scanning objects that should automatically check all objects
  • Click the small wrench and make sure there is a check on Automatically apply actions to threats
  • Then click the large button on bottom right Start scanning
  • Once the scan has completed there will be a link named Open report click that and a log named cureit.log should open in Notepad
  • The log is saved in the folder named Doctor Web in the top of your user profile folders
  • Please attach that log on your next reply

<< pardon the intrusion into this case>>
The Windows Background Intelligence Transfer Services ( BITS) is having failures. BITS is a critical needed component for Microsoft Windows Update to function.

Error: (08/10/2023 09:01:05 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Bits-Client) (EventID: 16392) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Avvio del servizio BITS non riuscito. Errore 2147500053.

Error: (08/10/2023 09:01:05 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Bits-Client) (EventID: 16392) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: BITS service start failed. Error 2147500053.

The Microsoft Defender antivirus is also having update failures.
Date: 2023-08-10 21:25:35
Description: 
Microsoft Defender Antivirus: errore durante il tentativo di aggiornare l'intelligence sulla sicurezza. Verrà tentato di ripristinare una versione precedente.
Intelligence sulla sicurezza tentata: Corrente
Codice errore: 0x80501102

Dates: 2023-08-10 21:25:35
Description:

If you will hold off, and allow me some time, I will send a custom-script designed to help clear this up.

• Root Admin

The issue about the Firmware has nothing to do with malware or virus.  It simply is hardware that is not running optimally. The vendor may or may not have a fix for it.

Please slow down and once the Dr Web Cureit! scan is completed then restart the computer and run the FIX that @Maurice Naggar has kindly offered to provide for you.

Thanks @Immanuel