Can the file still be modified and infected

mariah22442

if i download a Program not from the official Website and when i right click on it and go to the digital signature it is still signed with sha256 and it also display this digital signature is OK can i 100% be sure that this program is 100% indentical to the original and it has not been modified or infected ?

To be "infected" it would have to be a legitimate file that has had malicious code prepended, appended or cavity injected into the affected executable. 
Th1s would alter the Checksum value of the file.  If a 3rd party hosts an installer and has an altered Checksum value from that of the author's installer then it can not be trusted. 
On the other hand, if a 3rd party hosts an installer and it has the authors original release Checksum value, of that installer, then it can be trusted.

Edited by David H. Lipman
Edited for content, clarity, spelling and/or grammar

10 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

To be "infected" it would have to be a legitimate file that has had malicious code prepended, appended or cavity injected into the affected executable. 
Th1s would alter the Checksum value of the file.  If a 3rd party hosts an installer and has an altered Checksum value from that of the author's installer than it can not be trusted.  On the other hand, if a 3rd party hosts an installer and it has the authors original release Checksum value, of that installer, then it can be trusted.

Thanks so as long as i see This Digital Signature is OK the file is good and has not be altered . impossible  to modified a file and still have the  This Digital Signature is OK  ?