Receiving a malware warning on a website we own. Why and how to remove?

tunetown
Go to solution Solved by tunetown,

Hello,

We started getting warnings for malware via the google chrome malwarebytes extension. The URL contains "scam" and "phishing" so I assume we are being flagged because someone has falsely reported this. The site we own is supportxxx (last three letters are the domain extension but your system is preventing me from posting if I format it correctly) and it is a legitimate site used to provide customer support. Blocking this site therefore blocks people who have legitimate customer issues, like canceling memberships, from being able to do so.

Why was the site flagged as malware, apparently starting July 4, and how do we get this removed?

Thanks

If you read my original post, I state "The site we own is supportxxx (last three letters are the domain extension but your system is preventing me from posting if I format it correctly)". I can NOT post those three letters in the forum or I am blocked. Not sure how I can make it any clearer.

We'd like to know why we started getting blocked on July 4. We've rescanned for malware and have none, we do not send any email to people from this site except to reply to tickets, and have no Phishing or other types of activities occurring. We work hard to provide an easy customer service experience because the industry does have a lot of bad actors, but we're not one of those. We try to be the opposite. 

On 7/6/2023 at 8:43 AM, tunetown said:

We'd like to know why we started getting blocked on July 4. We've rescanned for malware and have none, we do not send any email to people from this site except to reply to tickets, and have no Phishing or other types of activities occurring. We work hard to provide an easy customer service experience because the industry does have a lot of bad actors, but we're not one of those. We try to be the opposite. 

If this was a phishing block as it appears from the screenshot, it was most likely due to an aggressive heuristic detection. The said detection has since been removed and I'm no longer seeing a block on your site. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. If you are still experiencing an issue with blocks, please share latest debug logs from the extension so we can look further.

• 3 weeks later...