Malwarebytes number of items scanned

I do Malwarebytes scans sometimes on my MacBook m1 air and I always had around 14k-17k items but randomly tonight it from 14k to 20k and I don't remember downloading anything between those times. Can someone tell me why this is happening and weather I should worry or not, Thanks.

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 2.33.25 AM.png

• Staff

I would recommend that you ignore the number of objects scanned. This number can change dynamically, depending on files needing to be scanned on your machine (which can include a number of files that may be created automatically) and on changes to the rules used by Malwarebytes for scanning. It's not a particularly useful metric.

It means that you should ignore the number of items scanned when evaluating whether anything is wrong with your MBA. If you are seeing something other than that number, there could be something wrong, but that's something only you know at this time and if so you should probably have an Apple Genius or certified service center check for you.

Sorry, I don't think I can be any clearer on what I said.

Nobody here can answer with any certainty your question of "there's nothing wrong with my device or anything?" Only that you should ignore the number of items scanned when evaluating it's performance.