Malwarebytes iOS Mobile Security: Limited Open Beta Available for Testing

kbrauser

Hello Malwarebytes Beta community,

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm excited to announce that we have released a beta build of our next generation consumer protection and privacy product! If you are interested in participating in beta testing Malwarebytes for iOS, look no further!  

This Malwarebytes for iOS beta offers full functionality, allowing you to thoroughly test it on one device without any purchases required. If you're not interested in running pre-release software, which may differ from the final version and might not have a polished user interface, this program may not be suitable for you.

Available to you now... Malwarebytes - Mobile Security build 5.0.0 (1593), which combines Malwarebytes - Mobile Security and Malwarebytes Privacy VPN into one unified application experience. Please be aware that this is a limited open beta, meaning that only the first 1,000 beta testers who install through the TestFlight link below will be granted access to test the app.

To Install The Beta:

1. Open the following link on your iOS device: https://testflight.apple.com/join/3jvaSuyE
  2. Please follow the instructions under " Installing a beta."
    • You must download the TestFlight application from the App Store onto your iOS device. This will be the only way to access the beta. 
  3. This beta program will only be available for 90 days. 
    • Once you have completed testing the beta, please refer to "How To Stop Testing Beta" instructions below to uninstall the beta application from your device. 

Beta Features To Test:

Onboarding & In-App Purchase

• Added support of simulated In-App Purchase subscriptions
    • Do not worry, testing In-App Purchases is FREE and will be limited to 1 day for any subscription purchase. This will not charge your bank account
    • Please Note: After making In-App Purchase and arriving on "Purchase successful screen", ignore "Create an account" and "Sign in" for now
      • As a workaround until this issue is fixed, please select "Do it later"
  • Were you able to understand the features available for In-App Purchase?
  • Were you able to make an In-App Purchase for Premium Plus or Premium?
  • After In-App Purchase, did you understand the next steps needed from the dashboard to start your security & privacy protection?

VPN

• Were you able to Activate the VPN feature?
  • Could you connect to the server of your choice? 
  • Were there any issues encountered (page load performance, or access to commonly visited websites)?

Web protection

• Could you enable the feature?
    • Were there any challenges during this process?
  • With the feature enabled, can you provide any feedback about your experience (performance issues, bugs, confusion, or issues accessing commonly visited websites)?

Call protection

• With the feature enabled, can you provide any feedback about your experience (performance issues, bugs, confusion, or issues receiving/making calls)?

Ad blocking

• With the feature enabled, can you provide any feedback about your experience (performance issues, bugs, confusion, issues accessing commonly visited sites)?

Text message filtering

• With the feature enabled, can you provide any feedback about your experience (performance issues, bugs, confusion, or issues receiving/sending text messages)

Providing Feedback:

We highly value ALL your feedback, so please use the TestFlight app's "Send Beta Feedback" option to share your thoughts.

Known Issues:

• English only support
  • After making In-App Purchase and arriving on "Purchase successful screen", please ignore "Create an account" and "Sign in" for now
    • As a workaround until this issue is fixed, please select "Do it later"
  • Weblinks in app are not final & lead to Cyber Security Software & Anti-Malware | Malwarebytes 
  • iPads only:
    • Dashboard says “Device not secured” even if all features have been activated and enabled
    • App UI looks “stretched”

How To Stop Testing Beta:

Once you have completed testing the beta, following these steps to stop testing:

• Open the beta app
  • Go to SettingsMy Subscriptions
  • Scroll to the end and tap Deactivate device. App will switch to Free mode 
  • (Optional) Open TestFlight app, find Malwarebytes - Mobile Security → scroll to the bottom and select Stop testing. You will be removed from the beta testers
  • (Optional) You can delete the app from your device and reinstall Malwarebytes - Mobile Security from the App Store if you wish

Thank you for your interest, and we're thrilled to receive your feedback! 

All the best, 

Kirsten

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday I've downloaded Malwarebytes through TestFlight and I've started the test, thank you 🙏

But, probably, I made a little mistake: while visiting all the app sections, I just tested all the settings in the "My Subscriptions" area, included the one which allows you to connect the app to your My Malwarebytes account and, thinking it wouldn't have worked in my case, since Malwarebytes for iOS is not officially available in my country yet (I'm from Italy), I tried to enter my profile credentials and they've been accepted 😱

Now my iPhone appears in my My Malwarebytes account, listed under the Premium + VPN account that I've chosen to activate when I've installed the beta 😰

Is this a problem? If so, how can I fix it?

I've already tried to delete and reinstall the app and to remove the license from my My Malwarebytes account, but it didn't work 😕

Thank you so much for helping test the iOS Beta! 

Please rest assured that this is expected behavior. This beta version has simulated In-App Purchases, which allows you to subscribe to any subscription plan for FREE. However, any subscription purchase it will be limited to 1 day of use only for testing purposes. This means your Premium + VPN subscription purchase will expire at the end of each day. 

Your Malwarebytes account should not be a problem. However, if you need additional support please do not hesitate to let us know here.

All the best, 

Kirsten 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, kbrauser said:

Thank you so much for helping test the iOS Beta! 

Please rest assured that this is expected behavior. This beta version has simulated In-App Purchases, which allows you to subscribe to any subscription plan for FREE. However, any subscription purchase it will be limited to 1 day of use only for testing purposes. This means your Premium + VPN subscription purchase will expire at the end of each day. 

Your Malwarebytes account should not be a problem. However, if you need additional support please do not hesitate to let us know here.

All the best, 

Kirsten 

Perfect, now I feel relieved, thank you very much 🙏

Then, I'll continue keeping an eye on the app and sending other feedbacks during this beta testing period 👍

Thank you for your daily efforts 😄

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Activation feedback

on boarding and in-app purchase: ok
VPN -  OK
WEB Protection -  OK
Call Protection -  OK
Ad-Blocker -  OK
Text Message Filtering - OK

In the days I will be more precise

@treed , @kbrauser Having the account active for both VPN and MWB Premium - I can use them to test the features as they go

Thanks