Bypass VPN

It was working again after a Windows update, but the issue is back. It's like the Bypass VPN feature does not work, period. I have the Prime app for Windows added to the Bypass list and Prime still detects the VPN.

I've been through your "support" before and there was literally no help whatsoever. Just collecting and posting log amnd uninstalling and reinstalling upwards of 5 times, and then your "support team" closes the ticket without actually doing anything.

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Prime, Netflix, etc are specifically looking for VPN or Proxy running. I'm sorry but that is the nature of the game so to speak. I have using multiple different VPN now for over twenty years and you can go days or weeks sometimes being able to bypass detection but sooner or later regardless of whose product you're running the vendor will detect and stop it.

From their point of view you're violating their licensing agreement so they take measures to detect, and again it is not our product alone. There are some VPN products that spend a great deal of time trying to bypass these type of streaming content providers, we don't purposefully try to bypass them.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Prime, Netflix, etc are specifically looking for VPN or Proxy running. I'm sorry but that is the nature of the game so to speak. I have using multiple different VPN now for over twenty years and you can go days or weeks sometimes being able to bypass detection but sooner or later regardless of whose product you're running the vendor will detect and stop it.

From their point of view you're violating their licensing agreement so they take measures to detect, and again it is not our product alone. There are some VPN products that spend a great deal of time trying to bypass these type of streaming content providers, we don't purposefully try to bypass them.

Isn't that the entire point of having the Bypass feature? So that apps that are blocked from VPN usage can run outside the VPN tunnel?

• Root Admin

No it is not. It's there to allow printing and access to other local devices on your own local network really. It's possible to also use on sites that are not looking to prevent you from using VPN.

Applications can run outside of the VPN tunnel but you cannot easily prevent a site from doing some basic checks against your system.

I'm sorry but that's just a fact of life. If you want to submit for a refund you can. As I said some companies purposefully try to circumvent these streaming sites and it can work for a while but typically sooner or later they're stopped and have to work on an update to try to bypass again back and forth like a cat and mouse game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

I don't know to tell you. I've explained why other companies do not want you to do so.

If you really have to do that then perhaps try another VPN program that purposefully does work on trying to bypass sites like Netflix and others, we do not try to purposefully bypass their legal right to prevent you from viewing the content.

Thank you

On 4/12/2023 at 8:31 PM, dorknessrising said:

I have the Prime app for Windows added to the Bypass list and Prime still detects the VPN.

Instead of using the Windows app for Prime. Use a separate browser and add it to bypass. I tested with Firefox. You chose the Browser that you do not use for other things.

Prime Video is working fine.

image.thumb.png.6a269a8018b360b568ab02ad69c35d38.png

• Like 1

Tried that already with Chrome. Still doesn’t work.

I don’t think AdvancedSetup understands what I’m talking about. I DO NOT want to bypass the anti-VPN features on Netflix and Prime. I want the Netflix and Prime apps to NOT RUN THROUGH THE VPN AT ALL while my browser does. The bypass feature ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN SUPPORT TEAM THAT I HAVE A TICKET OPEN WITH is supposed to do this. Right now that feature does not appear to be working.

14 minutes ago, dorknessrising said:

Tried that already with Chrome. Still doesn’t work.

Worked fine with Chrome as well.

Do you have any VPN Browser extensions or VPN programs on your router?

17 minutes ago, dorknessrising said:

I don’t think AdvancedSetup understands what I’m talking about. I DO NOT want to bypass the anti-VPN features on Netflix and Prime.

He is used to users trying to do that and so am I to be honest.