Having trouble obtaining assistance without proof of purchase.

How to access technical support if I don't have proof of purchase of your program? I used to have a lifetime version key, and during the conversation, I provided the key to your consultant, who then asked for proof of purchase. I bought the program several years ago, and I don't have the proof of purchase. When I mentioned this, the key was invalidated.

I bought it from a local seller, at least 10 years ago. The program has been working normally all these years, but I haven't used it recently. Now, when I wanted to use it again, unfortunately, the key is in a different format than the one currently used, unfortunately, I made a mistake by contacting support. Conversations with other users indicate that blocking keys, especially lifetime ones, is a common practice.

Did you try already to register your key in My Malwarebytes webpage? As long you know the email address tied to this key, it should be no problem to register it and use it again.

If not working, only Malwarebytes staff can help you and you have to make a ticket with them. Proof of purchase is what they need, to honor a new key to you.  Here on the forum we only can give you advice, Malwarebytes support is the only one who can set your key free for use. Try to collect as much evidence of the purchase as possible, they will certainly help you find a solution if possible, and please remain friendly with support.

5 hours ago, Dmen said:

I bought it from a local seller, at least 10 years ago. 

Can you contact that seller? Was it sold to you during a computer repair? Was it a boxed product?

5 hours ago, Dmen said:

Conversations with other users indicate that blocking keys, especially lifetime ones, is a common practice.

Some sellers sold the keys to more than one user thinking it could be used for 3 computers

Support wants the proof of purchase to determine who the license actually belongs to.

• Like 1

• Root Admin
On 5/28/2023 at 5:48 AM, Dmen said:

Conversations with other users indicate that blocking keys, especially lifetime ones, is a common practice.

Yes it is a common practice because we've had millions of users stealing lifetime licenses. For those that keep all their legal documents of sale and can provide them there is no fear of having your lifetime license permanently deactivated. I have several of my own personal lifetime licenses and I have the proof of purchase for all of them.

I keep a digital copy of all email, PDF, as well as screenshots of every single program I buy and have been doing it now for well over twenty years and have only had issues with a couple companies that went out of business.

Create a support ticket and attach your documents showing you've made a legal purchase and we'll assist you.

Consumer Support

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thank you

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Updated information

The key only works on one device. This means that there are millions of your customers whose keys have been stolen, or even more disturbingly, millions of keys have been stolen from you. It is clear to me that if the key is functioning, it could not have been stolen or illegal.