Error Code 732 (0,0)

aVia

Hi!

I updated Malwarebytes and after rebooting Malwarebytes a pop-up window appeared saying it's Error Code: 732 (0, 0) and to report it to the support team (which I didn't know how, so I'm posting here).

I saw there are old threads on this already, but they are closed, so I started a new one.

We have Windows XP and Bitdefender antivirus didn't find anything when scanning.

A few months ago we had some rootkit infestation removed by Gmer, and there was later a trojan removed by Bitdefender..

I'm wondering if this is a harmless pop-up or if it might be related to that other stuff or something else entirely.. And what to do, of course..

We still have Internet Explorer 5 but mostly it isn't used and Firefox 3.5.2 is used.. I was wondering if updating or erasing IE5 would help? (someone spoke about configuring iexplore.exe file in one of those other threads on this forum, no idea how to do it though http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...amp;#entry59804 )

Thank you in advance!

Hi and welcome to the forum! ;)

Please try #8 of this FAQ and see if it helps.

Also, Make sure these files are in your exclusion or ignore list of your antivirus and firewall:

# C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

# C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

# C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

Please post back with the results. Thanks :)

Hi aVia,

Internet Explorer 5 is very old. So old, I had to look it up. Even though you use Firefox as your browser, MBAM uses the IE settings to download it's updates. I would recommend at least updating Internet Explorer to 6.0 SP1. That's likely the latest version supported for your Operating System. You can download it here .

Here are the system requirements for MBAM from the help file.

[*]Microsoft

Hi and thanks! :)

It's IE6 already, apparently my sister has updated IE without my knowing before.. I apologize for any inconvenience..

I tried #8 of FAQ and a black box pops up saying Value GlobalUserOffline exists, overwrite Y/N? Now I don't know what to write!

About exclusion or ignore list of antivirus and firewall - is that 'not to scan' by antivirus and 'rules' on the firewall (it's a list of programs, so no idea..)

UPDATE: I tried 'detect settings automatically' in IE6 and now it works! It updated easily and quickly.. :)

So big thanks once again!! :)

Still no idea what the black box is about (I just exited it) and basically I didn't change anything else..

Do I need to keep 'detect settings automatically' in IE6 or is it safer to unclick it when not in use?

I wasn't using any proxies (except if the DSL does that automatically?)

I have a question about many httproxy files discovered and examined by Gmer - they weren't seen as a threat, but I was surprised to see so many of them, it took 4 hours to check the computer by Gmer.. (It didn't find anything suspicious though)

Also Bitdefender has been behaving a bit odd, it used to detect cookies too, and now doesn't, and the date to expiration is sometimes 40 days, sometimes 300 days..

The computer and especially Gmail is slower, maybe just needs to be defragmented?

I apologize if this isn't the place to ask, just thought I'd ask here, not sure where else to ask..

I'll run the updated Malwarebytes (previous version didn't find anything a while ago) and see what it shows..

Glad you got it worked out :blink: . If you think you may have an infection. Follow these instructions:

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org