File keeps showing after Malwarebytes deletes it.

I actually already called the computer place. They also said it seems like a software issue instead of a hardware issue when I called them. They aren't far from where i live. I really appreciate the help you have given me and I am glad you are here to help out people. I am afraid of messing things up more. I also don't have a second USB drive unfortunately. Again, you have done me a lot of help and I will surely update you on the results.

Well, I just called them today and it is looking like a hardware failure for the SSD my Windows 10 was installed on. Said it looked like some sectors of the SSD failed. Not sure how i messed up the SSD but i did. I won't be getting the desktop back until next week so that they can make sure they go through everything and make sure they can get as much as my data back as possible. 

• Root Admin

It could just be due to poor quality silicone build.

Not sure if you can afford but maybe try going with a Samsung EVO. Assuming your system is using an NVMe

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/ssd-970-evo-nvme-m-2-1tb-mz-v7e1t0bw/

I have been using the EVO and Pro versions for many years now and so far not a single failure for me.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Updated information

The SSD that failed for me was actually a Samsung EVO. Said that it nornally does not happen. They said they have replacements on hand and I am able to afford a new one so I will be buying one off them. The other 2 SSDs and the harddrive at least seem to be OK. I must have does something really stupid to do that. But ya live and ya learn I suppose. And I definitely have learned my lesson.

• Root Admin

No, nothing you could have done from a user perspective. You can run a SQL server on them that hits the drive with high IO 24/7/365 or run disk checks often or copy tons of data. Nothing you can do software wise should affect the drive.

You might trim a bit of time off the longevity but nothing drastic.

I have one of my drives that has already transferred 100 TB and so far no issues with it either.

Anyways... we should be done here, sorry to hear you had to experience a hardware failure, but that helps to remind you to keep good backups.

Take care and if you do need further help with anything, please let us know.

Cheers @Posterus96

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following to help you better protect your computer and privacy Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you