Is there a Malewarebytes with NO real-time scanner?

They use to have a version for mac with No realtime scanning. I do NOT use security real-time scanners, they invariably have or develop issues with the Mac OS. I have tried MANY such programs since I have been using computers in the 1990's and I ALWAYS end up uninstalling them because of problems they cause. 

I downloaded the current trial version, unfortunately it came with a real time scanner installed by default, so I immediately uninstalled it.

When I complained about this aI got an email from them trying to convince me how important they think real-time protection is without answering my specific question, so I am posting here. I do NOT think real-time protection is needed on the Mac OS, trying to convince me otherwise after decades of using Mac is pointless.

There is only one version of Malwarebytes for Mac and during the trial you can disable the real-time scanner. As mentioned, it will be automatically disabled when the trial is over.

Having said that, I never experienced any macOS issues during the years when I had it enabled, nor do I recall reading here of any user having issues. Reviewers have found Malwarebytes to have one of the lowest impacts on normal computing of any anti-malware utility on the market today.

I also wonder if you aren't confusing "real-time scanning" with the "full disk scanning" that most all the original anti-malware (anti-virus) scanning utilities use? It only takes micro-seconds to scan a file that has just been downloaded or copied which should never cause an issue. Real-time scanning will prevent you from installing most any Mac malware. Manual scans by Malwarebytes will only offer to remove/quarantine malware and PUPs that have already been installed and likely already done their damage.

Edited by alvarnell
  • Like 1