Am I missing some folders for "Allow List" when compiling? MB is busy!

Whenever I do a build in e2studio (Renesas' eclipse IDE), task manager reports Malwarebytes Service as being very busy, despite the fact that I added my build director and my temp directory into the allow list.

Is there any way to know what folders are being scanned by MB during the compile so I can find out what I should add to my allow list?

The CPU usage drops right down after the compile is complete, so it is definitely the compile that is doing it.  MB jumps right to the top of the CPU users during the compile, and right down to 0% when the compile is complete.

@RufusVS

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thanks

• Root Admin

The logs were not complete. Something prevented our tool from reaching out to download and run the Farbar scanner.

Please get us the following logs @RufusVS

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

• Root Admin

I know you're doing programming but the following Java versions are compromised and pose an increased risk to your computer.

Unless you truly need them for business work I would highly suggest that you uninstall them and only use the latest version. https://java.com

• Java 8 Update 251 (64-bit) (HKLM\...\{26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F64180251F0}) (Version: 8.0.2510.8 - Oracle Corporation)
  • Java SE Development Kit 8 Update 211 (64-bit) (HKLM\...\{64A3A4F4-B792-11D6-A78A-00B0D0180211}) (Version: 8.0.2110.12 - Oracle Corporation)
  • Java(TM) SE Development Kit 11.0.10 (64-bit) (HKLM\...\{13D682BE-97A8-527B-A941-9953144DD3CF}) (Version: 11.0.10.0 - Oracle Corporation)
  • Java(TM) SE Development Kit 15.0.2 (64-bit) (HKLM\...\{2041CF7D-1F63-5C58-9F35-C445251E39C9}) (Version: 15.0.2.0 - Oracle Corporation)

The UnHackMe program is faulting. You may need to check for updates or validate why it's faulting.

Error: (04/18/2023 03:08:15 PM) (Source: Application Hang) (EventID: 1002) (User: )
Description: The program hackmon.exe version 14.40.2022.1122 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 2e6c

Start Time: 01d97196c1fd38d3

Termination Time: 21

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\UnHackMe\hackmon.exe

Report Id: 67aa3f84-f2dc-451a-8140-af3bab332580

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hang type: Cross-process

I do hope you have a FULL backup of your system. It has a complex and busy setup.

Not sure of the root cause but the Farbar scanner I had you manually download was because automation trying to do it timed out.

Please try doing a clean removal and reinstall of Malwarebytes

Can you please do the following?

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool if you already have the tool you do not need to download it again.
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • In the Advanced Options, click the CLEAN button and follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall Malwarebytes
  • NOTE: Please have patience as it can take a while to remove and reinstall. Once the install has completed, please restart the computer.

After the restart please do the following

• In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

There are many years of cruft on the my laptop.  Not sure what I still need but I'm a bit of a paranoid packrat.  Thanks for the heads-up on the Java and Unhackme.  Some of the software I have on the system was originally GiveawayOfTheDay so I'm slow to go to a full scratch reinstall of Windows et. al. until I assess what I'll have live without.  In fact, my first copy of MalwareBytes might have been a Giveaway (if they do that). Since I've actually purchased it now, I probably could do a complete uninstall of Malwarebytes and reload the most recent.

(And yes, I have backups of the crufty drive which one day soon will be "archived"...)

• Root Admin

I would start with the clean removal and reinstall of Malwarebytes and see if that helps with your current issue.

Clean the temp folders

Run a disk check

I know it is time consuming, but I will say that to actually do a clean install of Windows (removing all partitions from the drive) and installing Windows from scratch takes less than 30 minutes.

Reinstalling software and tweaking so that things run how you like can take a  couple of days, but every single time I've done it, I have to say that I've enjoyed the NEW build more than the previous build.

Things run faster, the system is safer, I now reconsider if I want or need software I used to run often but over time stopped using.

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following to help you better protect your computer and privacy Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you