Help uninstalling Adobe?

Since I don't use Adobe software at all I thought to uninstall it altogether. However, it's incredibly stubborn to get rid of. While I could use Creative Cloud Uninstaller to remove Creative Cloud and could uninstall Acrobat Reader with the Uninstall Programs option from Windows, the rest just remains there (Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Genuine Service). Creative Cloud doesn't reach them, I tried the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool but it failed to remove them (and honestly, don't know if it did anything at all), and when I try to use the Uninstall Program option, they all refuse to be removed because they are missing an uninstall file (Photoshop and Illustrator show an error that says that Uninstall.exe is missing in the proper folder, while Genuine Service says it's missing AdobeCleanUpUtility.exe). There's also a lot of older Adobe files lying around occupying space that I could manually delete, but don't know if would accomplish anything.

I looked around for info on the matter. Adobe's solution is to use Uninstall Program (which flat out doesn't work in this case), use the tools mentioned above which only had partial success or redownload Creative Cloud and use that uninstall everything, however, if I even have an account it's lost, and don't want to register on Adobe just to get rid of their stuff I never use (and, quite frankly I don't trust I can uninstall their software this way, pretty sure I'll just be stuck with their things with their uninstallable software).

The other is to use uninstaller programs. I've seen some recommended and maybe this is the way to go, but before downloading software that may be harmful to my PC I wanted to ask what do you guys think and if you had any recommendations.

Sorry for the mundane question, but I'm really not getting anywhere on my own. Thanks as usual for all the help.

Okay, actually digged everywhere and found the old Adobe Credentials and downloaded Creative Cloud again, but that had no effect. None of the software stuck on my PC had an option to be removed in Creative Cloud (it even treated Photoshop and Illustrator as if they weren't installed yet) and trying to remove them from Uninstall Program gave the same erros.

Now, I did try something different and went to Control Panel and the option to unistall programs found there. It got mixed results. Genuine Software gave an error that said that the program was already uninstalled and whether I wanted to remove it from the program list, I did so and it's gone from Uninstall Program as well. I also can't find files of it in the discs so... I think that worked out? On the other hand, Photoshop and Illustrator give the same error and can't be removed, said error states "Specified product is not installed on this machine. Please quit the installer and start over" referring to Adobe Installer (I'm guessing, because Photoshop and Illustrator are very much in the PC, I can start up both programs in fact).

UPDATE: While Photoshop and Illustrator run after all, when I tried to run them before they sent me to a login screen and since I didn't had my credentials I just closed the program. But now I actually tried to login to see what I could find and it gave me the same error when trying to uninstall them "Specified product is not installed..." etc. Which is strange, all their respective files, are there on the folders and go up to 2GBs in size. It's not like the programs are not there.

UPDATE 2: I did find the Adobe Installer EXE in a different folder. It most likely came when I reinstalled Creative Cloud since its creation date is today.

UPDATE 3: Urgh, sorry about all of these. Well, found a folder called Adobe Genuine Client, was wondering if it's related to Genuine Software or it was something else.

UPDATE 4: Found an uninstaller.exe file among the Adobe folders, actually tried moving the installer and uninstaller to the photoshop folder to see what happened but of course it didn't work. Nothing happens when I execute them either.

Edited by Dis-ApplePear

• Root Admin

Okay, please get me some logs and we'll see what we can do. @Dis-ApplePear

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

Sorry for the delay, here it is.

I noticed that there's something called Adobe Refresh Manager that's hidden. Given that Creative Cloud was just re-installed and I removed it before I don't think it will be an issue to uninstall it again. Genuine Software popped up again after rebooting, but when I tried to uninstall it it actually did give me the option to do so and I could uninstall it. The big issue are Photoshop CC2019 and Illustrator 2019, since those two kind of refuse to leave. I could try just deleting their files from the folders? But wouldn't that leve traces anyways?

Also, saw something called AdsInfoCls. What is that?

FRST.txt Addition.txt

• Root Admin

Are you 100% sure you want to remove ALL Adobe software?

This will be a brute force removal of all things Adobe

WARNING! This script will forcefully remove large portions of Adobe software.

Please run the following fix

NOTE: Please read all of the information below before running this fix.

• NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine.
  • Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone.

Once the fix has been completed, please attach the file FIXLOG.TXT to your next reply

Farbar program:   FRSTEnglish.exe

Save the attached file:  FIXLIST.TXT to this folder C:\Users\Rich\Downloads\

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRSTEnglish.exe, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Please make sure you disable any real-time antivirus or security software before running this script. Once completed, make sure you re-enable it.

Run the Farbar program with Admin rights and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The fix may possibly take up to 60 minutes to complete

If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log named Fixlog.txt in the same folder you ran the Farbar program from. Please attach that log on your next reply.

1. NOTE:  This fix will run a scan to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files. It will also run a disk check on the restart to ensure disk integrity.
  2. NOTE: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications may be automatically closed. Also, make sure you know the passwords for all websites as cookies will also be removed in most, but not all cases.
  3. NOTE: As part of this fix, it will also reset the network to default settings including the firewall. If you have custom firewall rules you need to save please export or save them first before running this fix.

The following directories are emptied:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome, and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Discord cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

Just to make sure, it's not harmful or anything, correct? Adobe is just media software in the end. Worst case scenario I can simply re-download Creative Cloud and use that to get whichever Adobe software I might need if said need ever arises. All in all, the ones I really need help to uninstall are Photoshop and Illustrator which just refuse to be gone. There should not be issues trying to uninstall Creative Cloud with control panel or a less agressive way. Just in case that removing everything with a script is a bit too forceful or anything.

Sorry for dancing around the issue a bit more, but just want to be careful about it. Thanks for the patience, AdvancedSetup.

My bad, my bad. I didn't mean that Adobe was a malware or anything, more along the lines that removing the programs wasn't going to mess up with important files of the PC and stuff like that.  But glad to get confirmation that that's not the case.

I tried to download the fixlist file but it's no longer available (I get a message saying it either was removed or the person sharing it doesn't have permission to share it on that location) . Maybe I took to long? (sorry if that was the case). In order to use it I have to use the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool? Mostly asking because the file you mentioned is called FRSTEnglish.exe, while the one I get from the download page is FRST64.exe, however it does have the "fix" option so I am guessing they are the same. Correct?

Essentially, put the fixlist and the FRST exe in the same folder and click "fix".

Edited by Dis-ApplePear

I find it a bit funny that after we commented Adobe isn't malware it ended up on the Malware removal section for completely unrelated reasons, lol.

Alright, sorry for the delay. Ran the script as you instructed and everything seems good so far? The programs still appear on the program list, but without their icons, just a generic one, but when trying to remove them through the control panel it openly says the adobe programs are no longer on the PC and they can just be removed to from the list, so everything seems to have worked out.  Not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous at first because you warned that misuse of the fix script could cause permanent damage to a machine, so I was pretty wary with doing every step properly, but everything worked out in the end it seems.

I'll attach the resulting log I got after the fix.

Fixlog.txt

• Root Admin

Actually I was able to find an Adobe tool that should remove all of Adobe for you so that we don't have to create a manual removal tool. @Dis-ApplePear

Please follow the directions from the following topic

How and when to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool | Advanced steps
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Download the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool.
https://swupmf.adobe.com/webfeed/CleanerTool/win/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe

Run that tool and do as the page says and let me know how that goes

I actually did try the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool before I made this topic (among other methods), but it didn't work for me, for that reason I decided to ask for help here on Malwarebytes. I had managed to uninstall from Control Panel both Adobe Acrobat and Creative Cloud before using the removal tool so I don't know if it would have worked on them, but the removal tool didn't do anything to Photoshop and Illustrator. Maaaaybe it worked on Adobe Genuine Software given that when I tried to uninstall it again after using the Cleanup Tool it said that the program was already removed and offered me to remove it from the list, which could be done without issue (or maybe reinstalling Creative Cloud restored the missing uninstall file, which was the original issue, and then I could just get rid of it with the Cleanup Tool)

But, all in all, the fix you gave me worked well and all Adobe Programs are gone. They still showed up in the program list initially, but without their icons, as if they were incomplete, and when I used control panel to uninstall them it simply said those Adobe programs were no longer in the PC so they could be removed from the program list altogether and no longer appear. I also ran the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool once more and the only Adobe stuff it detects on the PC is something called "Fix Host File" and something called "Clean All" (Don't know what these are, but they don't appear in the Program List); Photoshop, Illustrator, Creative Cloud, Acrobat and Genuine Software, all that stuff is gone, even the things that were set to autorun when the Windows got started.

• Root Admin

Finally finished the script. Please create a new System Restore Point. Then restart the computer and run the fix below.

NOTICE: This will be a brute force removal of all things Adobe @Dis-ApplePear

WARNING! This script will forcefully remove large portions of Adobe software

Please run the following fix

NOTE: Please read all of the information below before running this fix.

• NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine.
  • Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone.

Once the fix has been completed, please attach the file FIXLOG.TXT to your next reply

Farbar program:   FRSTEnglish.exe

Save the attached file:  FIXLIST.TXT to this folder C:\Users\Rich\Downloads\

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRSTEnglish.exe, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Please make sure you disable any real-time antivirus or security software before running this script. Once completed, make sure you re-enable it.

Run the Farbar program with Admin rights and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The fix may possibly take up to 60 minutes to complete

If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log named Fixlog.txt in the same folder you ran the Farbar program from. Please attach that log on your next reply.

1. NOTE:  This fix will run a scan to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files. It will also run a disk check on the restart to ensure disk integrity.
  2. NOTE: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications may be automatically closed. Also, make sure you know the passwords for all websites as cookies will also be removed in most, but not all cases.
  3. NOTE: As part of this fix, it will also reset the network to default settings including the firewall. If you have custom firewall rules you need to save please export or save them first before running this fix.

The following directories are emptied:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome, and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Discord cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

fixlist.txt

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

• Root Admin

Great, that looks good @Dis-ApplePear

SecurityCheck by glax24              

I would like you to run a tool named SecurityCheck to inquire about the current security update status of some applications.

• Download SecurityCheck by glax24: https://tools.safezone.cc/glax24/SecurityCheck/SecurityCheck.exe
  • If Microsoft SmartScreen blocks the download, click through to save the file
  • This tool is safe.   Smartscreen is overly sensitive.
  • If SmartScreen blocks the file from running click on More info and Run anyway
  • Right-click  with your mouse on the Securitycheck.exe  and select "Run as administrator"  and reply YES to allow to run & go forward
  • Wait for the scan to finish. It will open a text file named SecurityCheck.txt Close the file.  Attach it with your next reply.
  • You can find this file in a folder called SecurityCheck, C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt

image.png

image.png

image.png

Thank you

• Root Admin

Please uninstall, update, or otherwise address the following as appropriate for your system.

WinRAR 6.20 beta 3 (64-bit) v.6.20.3 Warning! Download Update
Discord v.1.0.9008 Warning! Download Update
Zoom v.5.13.5 (12053) Warning! Download Update

Then restart the computer and check for Windows Updates and install any found.

Let's go ahead and do some clean-up work and remove the tools and logs we've run.

Please download KpRm by kernel-panik and save it to your desktop.

• right-click kprm_(version).exe and select Run as Administrator.
  • Read and accept the disclaimer.
  • When the tool opens, ensure all boxes under Actions are checked.
  • Under Delete Quarantines select Delete Now, then click Run.
  • Once complete, click OK.
  • A log will open in Notepad titled kprm-(date).txt.
  • Please attach that file to your next reply. (not compulsory)

1. Recommend using a Password Manager for all websites, etc. that require a password. Never use the same password on more than one site.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/240255/password-managers-compared-lastpass-vs-keepass-vs-dashlane-vs-1password/
  2. Make sure you're backing up your files https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/136226-backup-software/
  3. Keep all software up to date - PatchMyPC - https://patchmypc.com/home-updater#download
  4. Keep your Operating System up to date and current at all times - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-update-faq-8a903416-6f45-0718-f5c7-375e92dddeb2
  5. Further tips to help protect your computer data and improve your privacy: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/258363-tips-to-help-protect-from-infection/ 
  6. Please consider installing the following Content Blockers for your Web browsers if you haven't done so already. This will help improve overall security

Malwarebytes Browser Guard

uBlock Origin

Further reading if you like to keep up on the malware threat scene: Malwarebytes Blog  https://blog.malwarebytes.com/

Hopefully, we've been able to assist you with correcting your system issues.

Thank you for using Malwarebytes