Am I hacked?

I used my iPhone to scan a QR code to register a product. It linked to a Google Form in Safari which required me to sign in with my Google account. As I entered the first field, my email address, I heard a sound. I then noticed that there was unusual text already in the next field, the order ID. The text was "I f'd her". Am I f'd? I started over and it did not happen again (so far), but it spooked me. I used to have Malwarebytes installed, but the IOS auto app unload took it off and I did not realize. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Your phone is not hacked.

Where did you get the QR code? If it was in product documentation that cam in the box with something you purchased, it's unlikely that would lead to a malicious URL.

Worst case scenario, if this QR code was on some website other than the official site belonging to the manufacturer of the product, it could have led to a phishing page, in which case the goal would have been to phish your Google account credentials.

4 hours ago, treed said:

Your phone is not hacked.

Where did you get the QR code? If it was in product documentation that cam in the box with something you purchased, it's unlikely that would lead to a malicious URL.

Worst case scenario, if this QR code was on some website other than the official site belonging to the manufacturer of the product, it could have led to a phishing page, in which case the goal would have been to phish your Google account credentials.

Thanks for the response. Yes, it was to register a product. I can't recall the exact circumstances, but I think that I scanned the QR and went to the website with a Google form which looked fine. Then I either got distracted, or needed to look something up, and when I came back to the form the concerning text was in one of the fields.