Malwarebytes Beta 5.0.7.55 is available!

Greetings from the Malwarebytes team!

Since the first Beta launch, we have released a few new versions. Down below you will find the summary of the changes that happen in the product since the last post!

🙌New pages and features

• The RTP page was created and content is updated there. Free users can learn more about how RTP works and why it is important and Premium, Trial users have a shortcut to the settings and also access to useful information.

• We have added a product tutorial which will be available for the users after the onboarding but also can be found in the top bar menu.

• We have added an “Other Devices” tab on the Security Advisor page. If you have more than one device on your subscription, you will be able to see these devices as well as the number of unresolved issues. More functionality is coming.

• We have added a couple of new items on the Security Advisor page. There are located in the Recommendations section.

• New features are up: Smart scheduled scan. The new feature allows scheduling scans during off hours.  There is no particular should be selected for the scan as it will start when your device is idle. The feature should be activated for all scheduled scans separately. The smart scan is ON by default for all new scheduled scans. To turn on the Smart scan for the existing scheduled scans - select one of the scheduled scans - > Turn on "Smart scan"

🏖️Some UX improvements

• Making some of the notifications from the Notification Centre actionable. It is very convenient when you don’t enjoy or miss tray notifications.

• We organized the settings by blocks and worked on the copy to make more clear. We hope you will enjoy a new experience

• Some minor conveniences: adding three dots menus on RTP, Detection history cards so you can easily access the relevant settings and make any changes.

🏁Localization

• We have added the translations and language settings so you pick the language you want (we reduce the number of languages to have only the most frequent ones).

📰Notifications

• We covered most of the notifications which exist in the previous version. From the last ones, we have added Scan Reminder, Scan Complete notifications, Security Advisor notifications, Trial notifications (as usually you can adjust some of the notifications in Settings - > Notifications)

🌗Experiments with the dashboard look

• We have experimented with the dashboard layout and made it available for you as well. You can change the layout in the settings (Settings -> General -> Dashboard style) and let us know which one works better for you and why. 

Many more changes to come. Stay tuned.

When do we expect the release?
We don’t have a particular day yet but the team is actively working on that, so far we will appreciate your feedback and are happy to answer questions regarding Beta.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Corrected font issues
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Katerina changed the title to Malwarebytes Beta 5.0.7.55 is available!
  • Katerina unlocked and locked this topic
  • Katerina unlocked this topic

Hmm.... I didn't even know it was an option. I thought I was missing something as my dashboard didn't change. I had to go into settings to find out there was a Legacy Style. And I agree. it's not something I would use. You have to expand it too much to see all the boxes. I didn't see a scaler to make it the whole thing smaller. I like it the way it is.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Similar experience as Phxflyer in that I was unaware of the Legacy Option when my laptop updated last night. Desktop updated this morning.       I also prefer the existing layout.

A better update for me would be to have English (UK) available as a language option so I get the date in the correct format for my region.

• Thanks 1

• Staff
11 hours ago, Max-H said:

I also like the original dashboard layout. Regarding the date/time format (i started a topic a few weeks ago), i have selected Dutch as language, still wrong format. Same issue beginning ver. 4. Probebly hard coded US format 

Fixing the date/time formats is in our backlog, and we definitely want to fix it before release. :D 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at the localization. And was curious if the current languages from 4.x was going to be in 5.x?

I looked at this page: https://www.malwarebytes.com/premium

And the Languages Supported:

Bulgarian, Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish 

Anything that is going to be added into MB 5.x in the future?

On 4/16/2023 at 5:25 AM, unknownguy said:

I was looking at the localization. And was curious if the current languages from 4.x was going to be in 5.x?

I looked at this page: https://www.malwarebytes.com/premium

And the Languages Supported:

Bulgarian, Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish 

Anything that is going to be added into MB 5.x in the future?

These above are currently supported in MB4. 

In MB5, the following languages are supported: German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese, Dutch, Polish, Russian

We slightly reduced the number of languages to support only the most commonly used ones and make sure to provide a better quality of localization.  

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Corrected font issues
  • Sad 2

On 4/17/2023 at 7:44 AM, Katerina said:

In MB5, the following languages are supported: German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese, Dutch, Polish, Russian

We slightly reduced the number of languages to support only the most commonly used ones and make sure to provide a better quality of localization.  

Yes I know that they are supported for MB 4.x. Was just curious if these would be supported again.

But I will accept that you don't take languages which is not so much used.

• Like 1

I have been looking at the legacy option. There is nothing in Scanner that is about the next scan. And nothing in Real Time Protection that show which protections that is enabled.

For me is these kinda empty, and does not give enough information. You can already see that that everything is protected in the middle top.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
13 hours ago, gicahagi said:

i test now premium plus, dissaster vpn speed!

14710367804.png

14710395025.png

hungary - server problem

luxemburg only 50% speed ( i have 1 gbps internet speed)

There are a lot of factors that can affect VPN speed like: distance to server, if you're using multihop, which route to that server location your traffic goes through, and how congested it is, and many more.

And as @brad03 said, we are using Mullvad's VPN servers, so we don't have any control over VPN speeds and traffic. Which is a very good thing for Privacy :D 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2023 at 3:44 PM, Katerina said:

Sorry , just see this post few min ago ,
and I would like to discuss this issue ,
are these supported languages already confirmed and will not change ?

I was a premium user , and my main language was Chinese (Traditional) ,
it was supported by official for a long time ,
and I am very worried that the official will really cancel the support for the Chinese language in the future.

As I know,
there are countless Chinese users who use the free version.
and there are many Chinese users have purchased
and using the premium version,
MB official didn't put Chinese into Ver.5 support list,
I feel very surprised.

if it's possible, I suggest that the official reconsider in the new version,
to add Chinese language support ?
I believe this is very important thing for those Chinese users .

Edited by KevinYu0504