Macrium .exe files

• Root Admin

@NewTricks

Some suggestions

Do you really want or need these applications?

• Advertising Center
  • Adobe AIR HARMAN International (Adobe removed support for these so Harman created their own, do you really have applications that use it? If so what application needs or uses it?)
  • Belarc Advisor 8.2 (It is designed to help keep the system up to date, but Windows 7 has no updates to keep up aside from antivirus definitions which don't require a product like this. You're on version 8.2 and they're on version 12)
    There are other programs with no resource usage that you could use such as Patch My PC Home Updater
  • Not sure how you managed it but the Registry thinks you have Firefox 99.0.1 installed as well as 111.0.1 - if possible and it shows in the Add/Remove as different ones you might want to remove the 99.0.1 version.

Are you still using a Microsoft Lifecam VX-1000 ?
HKLM\...\Run: [VX1000] => C:\Windows\vVX1000.exe [762736 2010-05-20] (Microsoft Corporation -> Microsoft Corporation)

Are you using Microsoft Teams?

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [TeamsMachineUninstallerLocalAppData] => C:\Users\Leslie\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Teams\Update.exe [2324624 2020-01-26] (Microsoft 3rd Party Application Component -> Microsoft Corporation)

Are you still using an HP Photosmart 6520 series printer?
Task: {06685A36-C581-4783-B003-ABC57A777E35} - System32\Tasks\WOWPrint.exe_{8BD05F42-BE80-47C3-B142-76EFA8DD5AB8} => C:\Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 6520 series\Bin\WOWPrint.exe [2459240 2012-10-17] (Hewlett Packard -> Hewlett-Packard Co.)

I just don't think it's possible you're still using any rewards program from HP that dates back to 2012. I will add it to removal script unless you say otherwise

Task: {3E706212-513C-4EDF-867B-2E79989121D9} - System32\Tasks\HP AR Program Upload - 15d95720a8a142d79f9b67abd4c6ad9fe653242834144277837300098e2945e2 => C:\Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 6520 series\bin\HPRewards.exe [3513960 2012-10-17] (Hewlett Packard -> TODO: <Company name>)
Task: {57C72323-F71C-4F6B-AE0D-E13E4D6CD0B9} - System32\Tasks\HP AR Program Upload - aab8a602405b493f85103c6609d6def581ffa5e7ebf24abea0703c91abfb3332 => C:\Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 6520 series\bin\HPRewards.exe [3513960 2012-10-17] (Hewlett Packard -> TODO: <Company name>)

Are you still using a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ?

Task: {0F5A0AEF-A99A-469F-98CC-2FE8F09D6AAC} - System32\Tasks\Microsoft_Hardware_Launch_itype_exe => c:\Program Files\Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center\itype.exe [1487568 2014-03-19] (Microsoft Corporation -> Microsoft Corporation)

Task: {65F18F2A-7814-42EE-80D2-E8BB6011C3D8} - System32\Tasks\Microsoft_Hardware_Launch_ipoint_exe => c:\Program Files\Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center\ipoint.exe [2118352 2014-03-19] (Microsoft Corporation -> Microsoft Corporation)

Task: {BC420B6C-DDF9-4389-8E90-4BC942C3B85F} - System32\Tasks\Microsoft_MKC_Logon_Task_itype.exe => c:\Program Files\Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center\itype.exe [1487568 2014-03-19] (Microsoft Corporation -> Microsoft Corporation)

Task: {F5EB3248-46A3-41CB-B447-E966DD8DC6CA} - System32\Tasks\Microsoft_MKC_Logon_Task_ipoint.exe => c:\Program Files\Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center\ipoint.exe [2118352 2014-03-19] (Microsoft Corporation -> Microsoft Corporation)

You don't have a lot of Macrium Reflect files left on the system. You have a couple install folder I'll remove though.

C:\Program Files\Macrium
C:\ProgramData\Macrium

This appears to probably be where you have or stored some backup?

C:\Macrium Backup March 8

Please save the attached file FIXLIST.TXT to this folder:  C:\Users\user\Desktop\

Then run the Farbar program with Admin rights C:\Users\user\Desktop\FRST64.exe

fixlist.txt

When the fix has completed, please attach back the FIXLOG.TXT file.

Thank you

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Updated information

OMG. OK, one at  a time. Please amend your post to remove my name. (thanks)

9 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

you might want to remove the 99.0.1 version.

I have never touched my registry, because a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. If I should go into uninstall I will.

1 Advertising center. no

2. Adobe Air no

3. Belarc Advisor definitely no. My computer guy put that on here.

4. Don't have the lifecam.

5. No teams

6. Please remove the HP 6520 printer

7. Yes on mouse and keyboard

8. Yes, please remove all Macrium, that scan I did on March 8 was "practice" and I've gotten at least 3 more scans since then on an external drive.

• Root Admin
4 minutes ago, NewTricks said:

Please amend your post to remove my name. (thanks)

Why you see it is NEVER a good choice to use any personal name or similar information on your Computer or your Phone.

That name is broadcast hundreds if not thousands of times to website and others every single day by normal operations

Always use generic names

• Like 1

• Root Admin

I believe you bought a new computer did you not? Should arrive soon?

No need to worry too much about this one unless you want to.

Please run the following and we'll see what it says

SecurityCheck by glax24              

I would like you to run a tool named SecurityCheck to inquire about the current security update status of some applications.

• Download SecurityCheck by glax24: https://tools.safezone.cc/glax24/SecurityCheck/SecurityCheck.exe
  • If Microsoft SmartScreen blocks the download, click through to save the file
  • This tool is safe.   Smartscreen is overly sensitive.
  • If SmartScreen blocks the file from running click on More info and Run anyway
  • Right-click  with your mouse on the Securitycheck.exe  and select "Run as administrator"  and reply YES to allow to run & go forward
  • Wait for the scan to finish. It will open a text file named SecurityCheck.txt Close the file.  Attach it with your next reply.
  • You can find this file in a folder called SecurityCheck, C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt

image.png

image.png

image.png

Thank you

@AdvancedSetup A couple things:

I am waiting for a cable which Dave recommended so you can transfer selected items from this drive to my new Dell, which is here.

All of the things which we attempted to fix, are not. I've removed some by uninstall in programs, and those .exe files in notifications are still there.

In the end, I'm sure something good came out of this, and I learned a couple things along the way, not the least of which is about the username. 

Thanks for taking it seriously and putting in the effort.

SecurityCheck.txt

• Root Admin

Please uninstall, update, or otherwise address the following as appropriate for your system

• Adobe AIR v.50.1.1.2 Warning! This software is no longer supported. Please uninstall it.
  • Google Drive v.2.34.9392.7803 Warning! Download Update
  • Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus - en-us v.16.0.12527.22286 Warning! Download Update | How Install Office updates?
  • Microsoft Office Professional 2010 v.14.0.7015.1000 Warning! This software is no longer supported. Please use latest Microsift Office, Office Online or LibreOffice
  • Microsoft OneDrive v.21.220.1024.0005 Warning! Download Update
  • Microsoft Silverlight v.5.1.50918.0 Warning! This software is no longer supported.
  • Paint.NET v3.5.10 v.3.60.0 Warning! Download Update
  • Picasa 3 v.3.9.141.259 Warning! This software is no longer supported.
  • Spotify v.1.2.5.1006.g22820f93 Warning! Download Update

@AdvancedSetup

1. Adobe Air uninstalled

2.Google Drive no updates, no supported, left as is

3. Microsoft Office 365-no applicable updates found

4. Microsoft Office 2010-uninstalled

5. Google OneDrive exe file error message

6. Silverlight uninstalled

7. PaintNet uninstalled

8. Picasa uninstalled

9 Spotify updates for Windows 10 only- no action

The Nero file  AG Advertising center Program 23a2c.msi error message is below. After limited use of Nero CD and DVD burning it's a non issue for functionality. There are some lessons here with having computer shops "build" for illiterate customers like myself back when. @Porthos was right, an out of the box Dell is a good choice for me.

Looks like the end of the line on remediation for the short time left. In summary, this represents the consequence of choices, procrastination and neglect. I am grateful for my "unimpaired" digital experience nevertheless; limping along with predictability. All these years of using MB has been the one good choice I made.

You can close this if you want. There seems to be an installer problem lurking somewhere. Some programs I uninstalled still show up in my list, despite a name change on my account, that original still is within the Program files. The isssue which started all this: Reflect MacriumUI files are still in notifications.

Advertising Center.JPG

One Drive Update Failure.JPG

Edited by NewTricks
system status after uninstall & reboot

• Root Admin

Can you show me a screenshot of the Macrium alerts both a close up and a full desktop view when or where you see it.

It's up to you if you want to spend more time cleaning this computer or not. I don't mind cleaning it, but if you're just going to recover data and dispose of it then probably not much value in that.

Let me know. @NewTricks

Sure, we can give it one more shot. "Away from my desk" but will send soon. Thanks. 

@AdvancedSetup The Reflect Macrium UI exe files are in the control panel notification area. I've got to purposefully go there to view. They are not active and do not show alerts, just leftovers. Maybe that backup in Local Files March 8 is somehow preventing the other exe files from being removed. 

In addition: changing my name in accounts, only changed it on my desktop, but still retains the original in Local Disk. Disappointing.

Notifications Control Panel top.JPG

Notifications Control Panel bottom.JPG

Desktop Full View.JPG

Local Disk.JPG

Edited by NewTricks
requested screenshots

• Root Admin

I don't know that this is going to address it or not, but give it a try.

Please save the attached file to the same folder as the Farbar program

fixlist.txt

Then run the Farbar program with Admin rights and click on the FIX button.

After the computer restarts please check and see if that corrected it

Post back the FIXLOG.TXT file

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We (you) got Macrium installer set up on my new Dell, but this topic refers only to old problems on my PC with Windows 7, which is no longer connected to the Internet. I'm starting to get notifications from MB to select a solution, and in my mind, there wasn't one.

Edited by NewTricks
clarity

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following to help you better protect your computer and privacy Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you