FP www.rawstory.com

rawstory
Go to solution Solved by thisisu,

Hi there!

First off, apologies that we don't have all the information. We've received three reports from users that they are getting a message like this, below. Possibly this is limited to Canada (?) because one user is there and another user we believe is located there.

Compromised

Compromised sites (or servers) are otherwise legitimate sites that are being used by hackers without the owner's knowledge. Compromised sites are often used to house and spread malware.

Our host ran the domain through Malwarebytes, I believe in the U.S. (and I've tried it in the U.S.) as well, and it came back clean. So we are wondering if the issue is region-specific. Can you have a look? If there is a malware problem, obviously we also want to address it.

%3Fname=image.png

%3Fname=image.png

• Staff
2 hours ago, rawstory said:

Hi there!

First off, apologies that we don't have all the information. We've received three reports from users that they are getting a message like this, below. Possibly this is limited to Canada (?) because one user is there and another user we believe is located there.

Compromised

Compromised sites (or servers) are otherwise legitimate sites that are being used by hackers without the owner's knowledge. Compromised sites are often used to house and spread malware.

Our host ran the domain through Malwarebytes, I believe in the U.S. (and I've tried it in the U.S.) as well, and it came back clean. So we are wondering if the issue is region-specific. Can you have a look? If there is a malware problem, obviously we also want to address it.

%3Fname=image.png

%3Fname=image.png

Hello- Are you saying that we're blocking the site? I see no images of a block by our software.

Hi there Tom - thanks for your quick feedback. At the moment we are trying to collect more data from the readers who raised the issue. We haven't been able to recreate it. I'll circle back if we have something material. It's possible it was a temporary fluke.

Here is a report from our user. On our site (rawstory.com) one user continues to see the following (we have been unable to reproduce ourselves):

Malware detected
Malvertising detected

They also reported the following, which isn't our domain and we don't know how is associated with our site: "
Here is the MalwareBytes suspicious address

146.190.74.185"

• Solution
On 4/5/2023 at 12:05 PM, rawstory said:

Here is a report from our user. On our site (rawstory.com) one user continues to see the following (we have been unable to reproduce ourselves):

Malware detected
Malvertising detected

They also reported the following, which isn't our domain and we don't know how is associated with our site: "
Here is the MalwareBytes suspicious address

146.190.74.185"

Thank you for the additional information. That IP block has been lifted.

Regards