Question about Windows updates running slow

tomdkat

Hi!  I recently installed a Windows 11 update on a Lenovo laptop with an 11th gen Intel i7 processor (I forget the exact model),  16GB RAM and a 512SSD.   For some reason, I believe the Windows 11 update was around 383MB in file size.  The time to install the update, from download to restart, was about 25mins.

While this was running, I performed a Manjaro Linux (KDE spin) on a HP laptop with a 7th gen Intel i5 processor (I forget the exact model), 8GB of RAM and a 1TB HDD.  This update downloaded 2.5GB of data and the entire update, from download to restart, ran in about 30 mins.  I staggered the updates such that each system download ran at different times (I didn't think to start the Manjaro update until the Windows update was in "installing" status).

Both systems connected to the same wireless network using 802.11ac @ 5GHz.

Question: why do Windows updates take so damned long to run?   :)  lol    I mention the Manjaro update just as a frame of reference.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by tomdkat