Detects RMM managed Windows Updates detected as Disabled

image.png.7386da5eed00c6bd2e7d9483374f3eed.png

I know you folks have your own MSP solution nowadays, but it would be nice to get a little more integration with the others, for those who prefer to stay on them for their fleet of clients, yet still are a TechBench member and use the software including end user MB active tool. Cheers!

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 4:03 PM, Porthos said:

If you manage Windows updates with your RMM, You will probably need to click ignore. The consumer version of Malwarebytes is geared toward normal end users.

image.png.cfec33ab7a15a4f0ce661a6d1b5d4f3a.png

Well yea, I know how to hit ignore haha. I feel it should detect the managed by admin or policy group I forget which is called, ya know? 

14 minutes ago, RevivalTech said:

I feel it should detect the managed by admin or policy group I forget which is called, ya know? 

Malware can do the same hence the warning. The user might not know they are off hence the warning and those who did it on purpose have the ignore button.

Full disclosure. I am of the camp that believes all updates should be automatic and done asap after release. Feature updates within a month or 2.

I have never had a home user have an issue with Windows updates. I get it with business computers with specialty software for the business. Those users should not be using the consumer version anyway.

Mini rant over.

19 hours ago, Porthos said:

Malware can do the same hence the warning. The user might not know they are off hence the warning and those who did it on purpose have the ignore button.

Full disclosure. I am of the camp that believes all updates should be automatic and done asap after release. Feature updates within a month or 2.

I have never had a home user have an issue with Windows updates. I get it with business computers with specialty software for the business. Those users should not be using the consumer version anyway.

Mini rant over.

Hmmm don't have the issue with the v4 MB program, so I'd suspect this isn't desired behavior. Yeeaaa, I used to be in that camp too, but have seen many issues with immediate updates, and also many complains of updates randomly through the week. Currently security patches are held to weekly on Sundays, and feature monthly on first Sundays. All members are taught to turn on machines sundays if they aren't already, to not deal with updates monday or later in the week. Curious what the devs say on this one.