Blocking Outbound Connection - vbc.exe

Go to solution Solved by MKDB,

Hi,

My copy of Malwarebytes has started blocking vbc.exe from making an outbound call. vbc.exe is Visual C++ , I scanned my computer with Malwarebytes, HitmanPro, Adwcleaner but i still have this problem.  Any help appreciated.

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 3/21/23
Protection Event Time: 10:56 PM
Log File: 6cfbe3d4-c822-11ed-9885-086266295ab7.json

-Software Information-
Version: 4.5.24.248
Components Version: 1.0.1952
Update Package Version: 1.0.66964
License: Trial

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\vbc.exe, Blocked, -1, -1, 0.0.0, , 

-Website Data-
Category: Trojan
Domain: na.luckpool.net
IP Address: 149.56.27.47
Port: 3956
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\vbc.exe

(end)

Ss.jpg

Hello @rashua  and  :welcome:

My name is MKDB and I will assist you.

Let's keep these principles as we proceed. Make sure to read the entire post below first.

• Please follow the steps in the given order and post back the log files.
  • Please copy and paste all log files into your post.
  • Before we start, please make sure that you have an external backup, not connected to this system, of all private data.
  • Only run the tools I guide you to. Please don't run any other scans, download, install or uninstall any programs while I'm working with you.
  • As English is not my native language, please do not use slang or idioms. It may be hard for me to understand.
  • If you do not respond within 4 days, your topic will be closed.
  • Cracked or hacked or pirated programs are not only illegal, but also will make a computer a malware victim. Having such programs installed, is the easiest way to get infected. It is the leading cause of ransomware encryptions. It is at times also a big source of current trojan infections. If you are running any kin of illegal software on your system, please uninstall them now, before we start the cleaning procedure.

Step 1

• Please download the Malwarebytes Support Tool (MBST).
  • Run MBST and accept license agreement.
  • In the left navigation pane of MBST, click Advanced.
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine.
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply.

• Solution

First @rashua ... You also forgot to mention that you run illegal/suspicious software:

Date: 2023-03-21 16:51:47
Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml
 file:_C:\Users\PC\Downloads\Sony_Vegas_Pro.rar

Stop that now!

Second, please uninstall the following software via Start > Settings > Apps:

Taskbar system version

Third, please run the following FRST fix (Step1) and attach the logfile (fixlog.txt) as well as the .zip file.

Step 1

• Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to your download folder, which is C:\users\HP\Downloads\ in your case.
  • You will find the file FRSTEnglish.exe (FRST) as well in this folder.

Note: It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

• Close all open programs and save your work.
  • Run FRST again.
  • Press the Fix button only once and wait. Please be patient and do not interfere, even if FRST does not respond for some time. That's nothing to worry about.
  • Please note: This Fix will remove all temporary files and empty recycle bin.
  • If the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
  • FRST will create one log now (Fixlog.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please attach this logfile to your next reply.
  • FRST will create a .zip file like < Date_Time.zip >, for example 20.02.2022_11.33.52.zip, on your desktop as well. Please attach this file as well with your next answer.

fixlist.txt

• Like 1

Well done @rashua.

Please run KVRT and SC as well for me to double check your system.

Thank you!

Step 1

Download Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool (KVRT) and save it to your Desktop.

• Select the Windows Key and R Key together, the Run box should open.
  • Copy and paste the following string into the line:

C:\Users\PC\Desktop\KVRT.exe -dontencrypt

• Select „Ok“ in the Run box.
  • If the „Windows protected your PC“ window opens, select „More info“. A new windows will open, select „Run anyway“.
  • An EULA window from KVRT will open, tick all confirmation boxes then select "Accept".
  • A window from KVRT will open, select "Change Parameters".
  • In the new window ensure the following boxes are ticked:
    • System memory
    • Startup objects
    • Boot sectors
    • System drive
  • Then select "OK" and „Start scan“.
  • completed: If entries are found, there will be options to choose. If "Cure" is offered, leave as it is. For any other options change to "Delete", then select "Continue".
  • Usually, your system needs a reboot to finish the removal process.
  • Logfiles can be found on your systemdrive (usually C: ), similar like this:

C:\KVRT2020_Data\Reports\report_<data>_<time>.klr

• Right click direct onto those reports, select > open with > Notepad.
  • Save the files and attach them with your next reply.

Step 2

I would like you to run a tool named SecurityCheck to inquire about the current security update status of some applications.

• Download SecurityCheck by glax24: https://tools.safezone.cc/glax24/SecurityCheck/SecurityCheck.exe
  • If Microsoft SmartScreen blocks the download, click through to save the file
  • This tool is safe.   Smartscreen is overly sensitive.
  • If SmartScreen blocks the file from running click on More info and Run anyway
  • Right-click  with your mouse on the Securitycheck.exe  and select "Run as administrator"  and reply YES to allow to run & go forward
  • Wait for the scan to finish. It will open a text file named SecurityCheck.txt Close the file.  Attach it with your next reply.
  • You can find this file in a folder called SecurityCheck, C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt

• Like 1

You should update some programs (if your still need them) or uninstall them (if you don't need them anymore or if they are Ad-supported like BitTorrent):

TeamViewer v.15.31.5 Warning! Download Update
WinRAR 6.01 (64-bit) v.6.01.0 Warning! Download Update
Discord v.0.0.309 Warning! Download Update
Microsoft Teams v.1.5.00.17656 Warning! Download Update
BitTorrent Web v.1.2.8 Warning! Ad-supported P2P-client.
VLC media player v.3.0.17.4 Warning! Download Update
Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX v.10.0.42.34 Warning! This software is no longer supported. Please uninstall it.
Adobe Acrobat DC v.21.001.20145 Warning! Download Update
^Please run Acrobat DC and go Help - Check for updates...^

Thank you for your cooperation @rashua

Please download KpRm by kernel-panik and save it to your desktop.

• Right-click kprm_(version).exe and select Run as Administrator.
  • Read and accept the disclaimer.
  • When the tool opens, select Delete Tools under Actions.
  • Under Delete Quarantines select Delete Now, then click Run.
  • Once complete, click OK.
  • A log may open in Notepad titled kprm-(date).txt.  I do not need it. Just close Notepad if it shows up.

A few final recommendations:

1. Recommend using a Password Manager for all websites, etc. that require a password. Never use the same password on more than one site.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/240255/password-managers-compared-lastpass-vs-keepass-vs-dashlane-vs-1password/
  2. Make sure you're backing up your files https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/136226-backup-software/
  3. Keep all software up to date - PatchMyPC - https://patchmypc.com/home-updater#download
  4. Keep your Operating System up to date and current at all times - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-update-faq-8a903416-6f45-0718-f5c7-375e92dddeb2
  5. Further tips to help protect your computer data and improve your privacy: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407147/answers-to-common-security-questions-best-practices/

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/287710/how-malware-spreads-how-your-system-gets-infected/

1. Please consider installing the following Content Blockers for your Web browsers if you haven't done so already. This will help improve overall security

Malwarebytes Browser Guard

uBlock Origin

Further reading if you like to keep up on the malware threat scene: Malwarebytes Blog  https://blog.malwarebytes.com/

Hopefully, we've been able to assist you with correcting your system issues.

Thank you for using Malwarebytes.

• Like 1

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection.

Thank you.

As this topic seems to be solved, I do not follow it any longer.

Take care!