AirVPN questions

malik521

Hi,

Its been a while since I interfaced here so sorry I just read topics often.

Just want to ask about MBAMs web protection tagging AirVPN Eddie-UI.exe (AirVPN Eddie ver 2.20 Windows app) as malware. Plus servers that I select are tagged compromised. 

The pop-up that MBAM throws has a clickable "compromised", "malware" but when I click that I get a 404 and no content. 

Scans with other 3rd party scanners do not tag AirVPN as malware or compromised. 

Is there some links that you can give me on the "compromised",etc., content so I can have a read about it for starters before I follow-up on this. 

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, malik521 said:

Just want to ask about MBAMs web protection tagging AirVPN Eddie-UI.exe (AirVPN Eddie ver 2.20 Windows app) as malware. Plus servers that I select are tagged compromised. 

I suspect it is because like many VPN's it is connecting thru IP's that are being used for bad. Think how bad actors use a VPN from getting caught.

Bet if you search any if the IP's at the following site you will find them listed. https://www.abuseipdb.com/

Searching the net on the web protection module, even NordVPN, and Surfshark VPN are blocked. 

Anyway, I did a quick check (random servers) on your suggested site AbuseIPDB LLC (https://www.abuseipdb.com/) using, Surfshark VPN, Windscribe VPN, ProtonVPN, AirVPN, Windscribe VPN and KeepSolid VPN Unlimited and all of them are there. Have been reported as "used in abuse" (used in malicious/abusive activities). 

It seems that your term "like many" (if not all) is correct. I bet if I try more, especially the free VPNs, they will be in the database also. I even am thinking or having a hunch that Malwarebytes PrivacyVPN will be there too!

AbuseIPDB LLC, is, I'm assuming that they have been vetted, yes? Independently audited with the likes of Cure53, MDSec or other 3rd-party independent auditors, yes? 

Now from a VPN users standpoint, if you take the reports literally, seems you will look for some expensive top-notch VPN service to use or just trust your ISP...hmmmm..or search and search for a "not tagged" IP address....$#@%@!

So the better/more sound advice here will be that of what you stated HERE

-- Thus that is a more sound advice there! 

In a connected issue, see in this thread,

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/263527-surfshark-vpn-getting-flagged-false-positive-or-infected-program/

Surfshark VPN wasn't tagged there. So maybe....search for a "not tagged" IP address....

Nice interfacing mat! Cheers!