Additional Printer Not Recognized by Network

NewTricks

OK - This is Win10?

Go to;  Settings --> Devices --> Printers and Scanners  -->  Add a Printer or Scanner

Let it scan;  Does it show ?

If not go to;  "The printer I want isn't listed"

Image.thumb.jpg.aa2e22b90a74c8523caa85b21fb5db3e.jpg

Then Choose Add a local...

Image.jpg.4ced48f2f0af39845bf881a43f4cd9e4.jpg

Choose;  Create a new port

type of port;  Standard TCP/IP port

Image.jpg.07382cba8ad2b2a76052e8c05fd763e4.jpg

Then continue the process of setting up the Printer

You 'da man @David H. Lipman. Too bad this wasn't a ticket so you could add one more "solved" to your count.  So thrilled and happy that it was (kind of) painless, at least for me. Thanks doesn't begin to express my profound gratitude.  Whew, what a trip! 😁 🙃 💯  💥 👌 Now you are embedded with this machine and every time I use it, I'll remember this forum journey. 😉

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning @David H. Lipman

A glitch has occurred after my PC was offline for a week and appears to have lost the wireless printer connection settings. Can we troubleshoot if and when you're up for it?

The new HP refuses to print, regardless of which is selected as default. I'm not sure why/how the same printer has two names and two icons. After the print command is executed, the print job stays in "printing" until it becomes an error.  (after 5 times)

On March 9,  my new HP 9010 worked with double sided printing, but failed to scan. It was unrecognized by the set up program. Used HP Print and Scan Doctor without success.

Monday, 3/27 my new monitor comes in and I'll be setting up the Dell, with the HP 9010.

Option 1:  FORGET ABOUT connecting the HP9010 to the old system.

Option 2: I'm dreaming of having two working systems and want two networks with one router. If my current Linksys router is too old, I'd spring for an appropriate router.

Bottom line:

Should I start "fresh" and delete all the current HP9010 settings? We already know my router and printer can see and talk to each other.

Is the Photosmart 6510 cluttering up anything and causing a problem? If so I'll sacrifice it. (Photosmart 6510 is crippled- no black ink comes out. CMY cartridges are 2/3 full  and the scan function is GOOD.)

Devices and Printers.JPG

HP exe .JPG