Unable to run installed Malwarebytes

I have installed Malwarebytes using the installer. It created a shortcut on the desktop, but when trying to open it I am getting an error "The item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed".
I have already scanned my PC with Eset online scanner and it found and deleted 6 files. But I'm still unable to use Malwarebytes. Please see attached logs.
Thank you.

mbst-grab-results.zip

Start with this.

The following entries must be removed from your HOSTS file:

Hosts File Blocks
========================================
Host data:    8.8.8.8    malwarebytes.com

Instructions on resetting your HOSTS file can be found in this Microsoft support article.

Do the above first and then do the following,

Let's use the same support tool and do a clean uninstall and reinstall.

Please close all browsers and programs before running the tool. Right-click and quit MB from the system tray also.

Once done it will attempt to reinstall both Malwarebytes and Privacy VPN.

Please say no and close the X button on the top right for Privacy.

image.png.02725ad74d17bc275906987a30481e80.png

• Root Admin

Hello  and  :welcome:     @danifetis

My screen name is AdvancedSetup and I will assist you with your system issues.

Let's keep these principles as we proceed. Make sure to read the entire post below first.

• Please follow all steps in the provided order and post back all requested logs
  • Please attach all log files to your post, unless otherwise requested
  • Temporarily disable your antivirus or other security software first. Make sure to turn it back on once the scans have been completed.
  • Temporarily disable Microsoft SmartScreen to download the software below if needed. Make sure to turn it back on once the scans are completed.
  • Searching, detecting, and removing malware isn't instantaneous and there is no guarantee to repair every system.
  • Before we start, please make sure that you have an external backup, not connected to this system, of all private data.
  • Do not run online games while the case is ongoing. Do not do any free-wheeling or risky web-surfing.
  • Only run the tools I guide you to use. Please don't run any other scans, download, install or uninstall any programs while I'm working with you.
  • Cracked, Hacked, or Pirated programs are not only illegal but also can make a computer a malware victim. Having such programs installed is the easiest way to get infected. It is the leading cause of ransomware encryption. It is at times also a big source of current Trojan infections. If there are any on the system you should uninstall them before we proceed.
  • Please be patient and stick with me until I give you the "all clear". We don't want to waste your time, please don't waste ours.
  • If your system is running Discord, please be sure to Exit it while this case is ongoing.

You have some type of issue with your networking. Our tool tries to reach out and download the Farbar scanner and run a scan for logs but it failed to download it.

Please follow the directions below and we'll look at cleaning up your computer.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks