Malwarebytes blocking hundreds of attacks

Hello :welcome: 

I will guide you along on looking for remaining malware. Lets keep these principles as we go along.

• Removing malware can be unpredictable
  • Please don't run any other scans, download, install or uninstall any programs while I'm working with you.
  • Only run the tools I guide you to.
  • Do not run online games while case is on-going. Do not do any free-wheeling web-surfing.
  • The removal of malware isn't instantaneous, please be patient.
  • Cracked or or hacked or pirated programs are not only illegal, but also will make a computer a malware victim. Having such programs installed, is the easiest way to get infected. It is the leading cause of ransomware encryptions. It is at times also big source of current trojan infections. Please uninstall them now, if any are here, before we start the cleaning procedure.
  • Please stick with me until I give you the "all clear".
  • If your system is running Discord, please be sure to Exit out of it while this case is on-going.
  • The 'Block notices' are a visual way of letting you know that Malwarebytes is keeping machine safe from potential harm.. By themselves, the notices do not mean a infection is present. There are distinctly different messages IF an infection is indeed detected.

I would like a report set for review. This is a report only.

Please download MALWAREBYTES MBST Support Tool

Once you start it click Advanced >>> then Gather Logs

Have patience till the run has finished.
Upload an archive once it is done. Attach the mbst-grab-results.zip from the Desktop to your reply..

Please use the built-in EDGE browser in lieu of Chrome or Firefox.   And always SAVE the downloads I guide you to. Then after download is complete, you go to the file using File Explorer.
and only then, launch it from there.

Let's do one special run  with Malwarebytes Adwcleaner. 

It will not take much time, Read over all lines before starting so that you have a good understanding of the whole method. Take your time and go careful. I ant to make sure you select all of what I list below - before- pressing the "scan" button.

First download & save it

Then go to where the EXE file is saved. Start Adwcleaner.  Do not rush. There are a few first choices to set as I have listed below.

Reply YES at the Windows prompt to allow the program to proceed and make changes. That is the usual Windows security prompt.

When AdwCleaner starts, on the left side of the window, click on “Settings” and then enable these repair actions on that tab-window
by clicking their button to the far-right for ON status
Delete IFEO keys
Delete tracing keys
Delete Prefetch files
Reset Proxy
Reset IE Policies
Reset Chrome policies
Reset Winsock
Reset TCP / IP
Reset HOSTS file

ADW-s-1.png.c32838f45f840beb2b835ad51f0a1b7c.png

ONLY after you have set the selections above ....only after that .....
Now On the left side of the AdwCleaner window, click on “Dashboard” and then click “Scan” to perform a computer scan.

This can take several minutes.
When the AdwCleaner scan is completed it will display all of the items it has found. Click on the “Quarantine” button To remove what it found.

AdwCleaner will now prompt you to save any open files or data as the program will need to close any open programs before it starts to clean.
Click on the “Continue” button to finish the removal process.

Attach the clean log from Adwcleaner when all completed. For example AdwCleaner[C00],txt
There is much more to do even after this.

I have read through but Edge will not let me on to Malwarebytes website to download Adwcleaner. The message is the same, basically, as the other browsers.

I am using my phone to access this forum.

Also, while I don’t use any illegal or questionable software, I do work with a lot of global genealogical media. 

On this Windows machine, try this link http://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038520054-Download-and-install-Malwarebytes-AdwCleaner

This is a slightly adjusted link that does not require HTTPS but rather plain old HTTP ( which is less secure). The main goal is the hope to get Adwcleaner downloaded and SAVED to your Windows machine. If this does not work out, let me know if you have another Windows pc or even another computer that you could use for purpose of downloading only  ( and then transferring back and forth using a USB-flash-thumb drive). Give the link above a decent "college try".

You did mention this Windows machine has installed the Malwarebytes application ? Do tell me, what version of Windows is this ? Windows 10 ? Windows 11 ?   and is that Windows pc able to get any web browser to get to this forum to look at this topic of yours ??

No luck with this http address in Edge. Lenovo laptop has Windows 11 ver 22H2 and Malwarebytes installed. Malwarebytes says 6,585 malicious items/sites stopped so far. It seems to be blocking everything though.

image.thumb.jpeg.0c3fdbd010b88b606904a37a637e7f0f.jpeg

Earlier today:

Photo from this morning

I don’t have another pc and tried to download AdwCleaner on my iPhone and upload to OneDrive and Dropbox with no luck. 

In addition

IF the Wincodws pc web browser still has failure to reach some websites, give the following a try.
Close the web browser.
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen (if you're using a mouse, press the Windows + C keys), and then tap or click Search. Enter

Internet options

in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.

In the search results, tap or click Internet Options
Tap or click the Content tab, and then tap or click Clear SSL state.

Tap or click the Advanced tab and then tap or click Reset.

Also, look real close at the Windows system Date and time. Be real sure it has the correct local date ( month, day, & year) and local Time.

2 two many screen grabs here. Focus on the one at top on the LEFT side.  Look close at my write-up. I listed 2 TABS to go on and do some adjustment. CONTENT tab is the fourth one at the top of that screen.

Then the Advanced tab.  Kindly re-read my writeup.

1. Internet options.
  2. Select the Advanced tab.
  3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, select Reset.
  4. In the box, Are you sure you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings?, select Reset.
  5. When finished applying default settings, select Close, and then select OK. Restart your PC to apply changes.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Corrected font issue

Plus, also. I would like a report set for review. This is a report only.

Please download MALWAREBYTES MBST Support Tool

Once you start it click Advanced >>> then Gather Logs

Have patience till the run has finished.
Upload an archive once it is done. Attach the mbst-grab-results.zip from the Desktop to your reply..