MB 5 can't be uninstalled from control panel

When clicking on uninstall on MB 5 in control panel. It will automatic try to install instead and get stuck at 5%.

I did a clean install. And installed MB 4.x. Removed MB 4.x from control panel, no problems.

I installed MB 5 again no problems. Tried to uninstall MB 5 from control panel just to test that nothing is wrong. Same issue, MB 5 will try to install MB 5 again. Stuck at 5% in more than 5 minutes.

I need to open up task manager and kill the process. The only way to uninstall MB 5 now is to use clean install.

Logs attached. Saw that mbun which I guess is for uninstalling MB 5 hang up.

mbst-grab-results.zip

7 hours ago, RTL434 said:

@unknownguy   I tried the uninstall from the Control Panel and found that it works fine for my Windows 11 Laptop but fails on my Windows 10 Laptop. Similar to your experience--stuck at 5%.

Good that I'm not alone with the problem. I don't have Windows 10 as OS. I have Windows 11 22H2 Pro 22621.1194. Your screenshot show exactly same issue like me. Stuck at 5%.

@unknownguy  I have 2 Desktops and one Laptop, all running Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.1194--the same as yourself.  Since my Laptop uninstalled MWB 5 successfully from the Control Panel and yours didn't, I decided to do it on this Desktop A which has been running MWB 5. . As you'll see from another posting, I hit a snag with the licence registration so abandoned that idea for the time being. I have Desktop B which is running version 4.5.21.231  CU 1.0.1905. So decided to do it  instead.  Removed 4 using Clean and installed MWB 5. Tried to uninstall from the Control Panel and it fails like the Win 10 Laptop--and yourself--stuck at 5%. Restored it back using Macrium Reflect.

X570P.thumb.png.a4e7ef53ac8bb6de8fec93aa775c1db8.png

mbst-grab-results_X570P.zip

• Thanks 1