unblock hxxps://statcourses.s3.amazonaws.com/InstallCMA4.exe

Go to solution Solved by ceckelberry,

A couple important clarifications:

This is an issue in the Windows 10 & 11 Microsoft Edge browser - we haven't been able to replicate in Chrome. I'm not sure why my post got put in Chrome, maybe somebody else found the issue there?

Typically this link and error is initiated by visiting this URL:
hxxps://www.meta-analysis.com/pages/downloadV4.php

2 hours ago, Sondroyo said:

This is an issue in the Windows 10 & 11 Microsoft Edge browser - we haven't been able to replicate in Chrome. I'm not sure why my post got put in Chrome, maybe somebody else found the issue there?

The Browser guard is the same in Chrome and Edge. Both browsers are built on Chromium.

I have tested in 4 different browsers. I have no block in any but edge likes to do its own check

image.png.b04d48d0fffbc502d3e97b315f4745e9.png

Edited by Porthos

Thanks for the Chrome/Edge explanation. I'm able to replicate it mostly by following the route a consumer might take:

1. Request download link in tab #1 from https://www.meta-analysis.com/pages/demo.php
2. Receive download link in e-mail client
3. Link opens in tab #2, which does an auto-refer to the final download link
4. Block message triggers

I'm including a screen recording on the suspicion that there is some detail in this process which is creating the issue.