Malwarebytes 5.0.4.47

I have my beta updates on and have received the following update to Malwarebytes 5.0.4.47. I like how when now on dark mode the UI is entirely dark and doesn't include any "white edges" so far this update is stable for me but will continue to test and look for things. 

• Like 2

Spoke to soon first bug i am reporting right now the "upper part" of the UI is going from entirely "black" to "white" at different times when opening and closing the UI.  

Edited by brad03
added info

• Staff
On 1/20/2023 at 12:42 PM, brad03 said:

Spoke to soon first bug i am reporting right now the "upper part" of the UI is going from entirely "black" to "white" at different times when opening and closing the UI.  

@brad03 My apologies, what I had meant was, can you capture a video recording of this issue? Not just a screenshot.

You will notice the top part of the UI is white when I first open it. Then when I click it goes back to all black. Also the screenshot above will show that malwarebytes also has not updated its database on the latest version for almost 1 day now just want staff to also be aware of that issue. 

56 minutes ago, unknownguy said:

I got latest database update today. The one I have is:  1.0.64861

That database was released yesterday and is old its been an entire day since Malwarebytes 5.0 has updated. 

• Staff

Thanks, Brad. For the update issue, can you first enable debug logging (Settings > General > Event Log data) and then perform a manual update? Then, attach the MBAMService.log from the C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\LOGS folder.

i haven't encountered this problem. My upper line with dark mode enabled is and has been dark grey and matches what I have set in my Windows personalization for borders when I open any app. So maybe it's a Windows thing????

Edited by Phxflyer

@brad03 Regarding the title bar color, are you still using Windows 7? Like Phxflyer wrote, in Windows 11 you have the option in 'Personnel settings, Colors, Accent color title bar. In my settings, On gives MWB the blue title bar and Off gives MWB the white title bar. 

The title bar is only showing white when you have used an application that have white background title bar. If you as example open up steam which have dark background title bar. And then open up Malwarebytes it's dark. If you close Malwarebytes, and then open up an application with white background. And then later open up Malwarebytes the background color is white in the title bar.

I have tried this many times now, so I guess this is the issue.

• Staff
1 hour ago, brad03 said:

Update regarding the database issues i would keep an eye on it appears to be falling behind again.  

My MB5 installations are still getting database updates.
Not every installation will receive updates at the same time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tetonbob said:

My MB5 installations are still getting database updates.
Not every installation will receive updates at the same time.

Thank you for being so responsive I hope that video helped developers narrow the issue down. Thanks again :) 

• Like 1

• Staff

@brad03 @unknownguy As you alluded to earlier, yes this is a Windows thing. The titlebar now takes advantage of a Win11 API to tell it to go dark, if dark mode is selected in the application. As this is not an 100% repro, can you two please help me out with some OS details?

1. Windows 11 version number you are on.

2. In Windows "Personalization" settings, what are your Theme settings set to? Including application title bar settings.

8 hours ago, icolcear said:

@brad03 @unknownguy As you alluded to earlier, yes this is a Windows thing. The titlebar now takes advantage of a Win11 API to tell it to go dark, if dark mode is selected in the application. As this is not an 100% repro, can you two please help me out with some OS details?

1. Windows 11 version number you are on.

2. In Windows "Personalization" settings, what are your Theme settings set to? Including application title bar settings.

Theme: Windows Dark.

Accent Color: Blue.

Transparency: Activated.

Title bar settings colors: Disabled.

• Thanks 1

Sorry for the late response had a few things going on. Edition    Windows 11 Home
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎1/‎18/‎2023
OS build    22621.1194
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0

My personalization theme is windows dark. 

• Thanks 1