free trial broke my SO

• Root Admin

Please save the attached file FIXLIST.TXT to the following folder

fixlist.txt

C:\Users\Mariano\Downloads 

Then start the Farbar program with Admin rights C:\Users\Mariano\Downloads\FRST64.exe and click on the FIX button.

Once the fix has been completed it should create a couple of new files on your desktop. Please attach those files on your next reply.

• Boot_Times.log
  • wmi-win32_bios.txt

Thanks @Mariano

• Root Admin

So you can see that back on Dec 13, 2022 that you had a boot time of 23 seconds. Then the next half dozen boots were closer to 1 minute. Then as time goes on the time increased to 2 minutes and a few days ago it was past 3 minutes.

Currently it's back to around 1 1/2 minutes to boot.

But, the first boot back on 12/13/2022 at 23 seconds should be much closer to normal. Basically anything under 1 minute could possibly be considered okay, but over 2 minutes and then over 3 minutes would seem to indicate either something wrong in a BIOS/UEFI setting, or Hardware, or the installation of Windows

How long does the computer stay blank before the keyboard initiates and the hardware, BIOS screen completes and the little Windows icon comes onto the screen?

Then, how long does it take from that first Windows icon on screen before you get to the logon screen or desktop?

Something is taking too long, just not sure which one of those processes.

im sorry for the delay in answering, i had some problems.

the system turns on good, the bios enters quickly, the problem i have is that sometimes when the screen to start the sessions appears, it gets stuck and it takes me a while to start the session, then it keeps loading, it enters the system and everything is done frozen for a few seconds or even 1 minute and some times it happends when i open a program,

another thing i wanted to ask before running the program with the fixlist, is that for me? i see that it says amart_000 and also that the program is on the desktop, and previously you told me to put it where it was in the program (C:\Users\Mariano\Downloads\)   i just want to be sure just in case, thanks u

• Root Admin

I'm sorry about that. I removed the FIX. It was for someone else. I must have had the wrong Tab open when I replied.

Well, if it were me I'd do a CLEAN install of Windows from scratch and see if that fixed it.

You could try an in place upgrade and see if that helps to correct the issue

How to Do a Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

If that does not help, then here are instructions on doing a CLEAN install of Windows 10

Greg Carmack - MVP 2010-2020 -Clean Install Windows 10
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-windows-10/1c426bdf-79b1-4d42-be93-17378d93e587

How to Create a Local Account While Setting Up Windows 10
https://www.howtogeek.com/442792/how-to-create-a-local-account-while-setting-up-windows-10/

i will try, previously i did a clean installation of the operating system, and i go back to the beginning of the problem, i install malwarebytes and 2 weeks after finishing it starts to freeze when opening programs, and i feel that if its is a runtime broke problem, when i do the in place upgrade, i'll let you know if it worked or not, thanks u very much for the help

• 2 weeks later...

after a while of use, i still have the same problem, i did not do a clean installation because this problem has been happening to me for a long time and clean installations of windows is the only thing that solves my problem but its only lasts 14 days, the same as it lasts your free trial, i would like to do a complete analysis with the program but the last time it took 3 days and there was still a long way to go, what should i do in these cases? i already tried almost everything, i would need to try changing the SSD and the HDD

• Root Admin

I have no idea how you did a clean removal and reinstall of Windows before, but if you follow the directions from Greg Carmack and remove ALL partitions and install from a USB boot disk it will work just fine as it does for millions of other users.

Greg Carmack - MVP 2010-2020 -Clean Install Windows 10
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-windows-10/1c426bdf-79b1-4d42-be93-17378d93e587

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following to help you better protect your computer and privacy Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you