MALWAREBYTES Blocking VPN Private internet access

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2023 at 12:36 AM, Damos said:

I keep getting frequent pop ups that Malwarebytes is blocking numerous IP address from a VPN I just installed called Private Internet access. Any ideas how to stop this?  

Thank you!

This seems similar to the post I just did earlier of AirVPN. MBAMs web protection module blocks the server IP address of VPN. Tagging it as "compromised". 

Atop from "using a different VPN" advice, I temporarily circumvented the blocks by adding the VPN app in the allow list>allow an application to connect to the internet. 

I do not know if adding a VPN to "exploit protection>protected applications" is okay...I was thinking about it but have no idea what benefit will it give.

Perhaps someone whose using a VPN other than MBAMs own PrivacyVPN can lend some insights here please. 

I with @Damos seeks help and sound advice here. Thanks and pardon if questions seems elementary to techies here.

Cheers!

5 minutes ago, malik521 said:

I temporarily circumvented the blocks by adding the VPN app in the allow list>allow an application to connect to the internet.

Now you just opened up the computer to web threats.

If anything (other than changing VPN's) I would undo that and add the VPN to play mode to not have to see the warnings and still be protected.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038518074-Hide-Malwarebytes-notifications-using-Play-Mode-

Edited by Porthos

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Now you just opened up the computer to web threats.

If anything (other than changing VPN's) I would undo that and add the VPN to play mode to not have to see the warnings and still be protected.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038518074-Hide-Malwarebytes-notifications-using-Play-Mode-

-- Thus that is a more sound advice there! Great mate!