Posting

Aikhme

I am a user of the MB5 software, and a few days ago I experienced an issue where a particular program or MB5 itself was logging me out of my wifi network and the only way I could get back was to do a restart. But, my PC went into an endless roboot cycle.

So I asked for support through the traditional channels and I was advised to post the issue on this forum as I am a MB5 BETA user.

It's a bit difficult to do that...

Even opening this thread I was meant with the same warning that words consistent with spam were detected, so I had to change the post in order to post what I could. This means I am unable to post issues.

My original Issue I managed to solve all by myself, so no longer have this problem. But this forum is problematic, and people are unable to post.

Hello @Aikhme :

1. The contractor (IPS) that wrote & manage the Malwarebytes' forum software employ the CleanTalk service to help protect against spam from making its way into topics. CleanTalk rules/software may have over responded to your original title or text content.

2. Even though your original issue may no longer be present, your computer's logs may have captured the details & conditions that you experienced. If you would like to help the MB5 developers further, please continue below:

1. Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
  2. In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file.
  3. In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation.
  4. Run the MBST Support Tool.
  5. In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced.
  6. In the Advanced Options, click only Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine.
  7. A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop, please upload that file on your next reply.

Thank you.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Updated information

OK I'll go through those steps 1PW as I do want to help, if I can, to make MB5 better.

My advise to Malwarebytes and its contractors, is to get rid of CleanTalk, or to tone it down a little. Yes the are completely over reacting with their "spam" defence.

CleanTalk is costing this forum...

• Root Admin
13 minutes ago, Aikhme said:

CleanTalk is costing this forum...

Just a couple years ago before Clean Talk you might not get your post looked at or replied to because we were getting sometimes two hundred posts per day of SPAM.

Today we get maybe a couple a week.

Yes, it can sometimes be annoying but it has more than paid for itself in a much cleaner, faster, safer forum for all.

I understand the dilemma, especially if you are getting 200 spam posts. That would be a significant problem.

But CleanTalk is picking up legitimate posts which are not spam at all.

So you guys need to tweak it, or speak with CleanTalk because if they picked up 2 out of 4 of my posts as spam, then no doubt they are preventing dozens of other people from posting bugs, issues or seeking assistance on this forum.

It doesn't worry me really whether you do or not. But you do need to know, because that could be affecting MB in negative ways especially if it interferes with people posting bugs and issues for MB5 Beta.

Otherwise might as well not even bother.