How to spot if I have malware or not

Badran

Hi,

I’d like to preface this by saying I’m insanely paranoid due to mental health issues, and I think a few of the advisors I’ve interacted with can tell that I am.

I was wondering if there where ways I could spot whether I have malware, trojans, etc.

I could be just being paranoid, as I’ve not noticed anything suspicious happen at all, my files are fine, as are my online accounts, bank details, etc, but I’ve just been stricken with anxiety over it. I reset windows via the cloud install option a month ago too while having it delete all my files.

Running scans hasn’t detected anything, everything is up to date, etc. Malwarebytes is working and blocking outbound connections from game IP’s to the iptest Malwarebytes website.

This could just be me being insanely paranoid.

Hello @Badran:

If your device(s) suddenly run inexplicably slow, or if your devices/applications suddenly can not achieve their intended purpose, or if your financial accounts seem to have been compromised, or if questions arise regarding your email, it's time to investigate.

If you have not already looked into the advantages/disadvantages of the Tor Browser, now is a good time.

High security email providers may be of interest to you. ProtonMail is just one of several.

Look into encryption for your mass storage devices. But please read about their advantages and disadvantages.

As long as you keep your devices updated, your well-chosen device protections current, enforce a thoughtful backup regimen, and practice safe hex out there, you have done all that can be done.

Others may remember things I've neglected…

Season's greetings and have a good weekend!

1 hour ago, Badran said:

Can things like the Malwarebytes support tool check for things like this?

The tool only gathers info (logs) so a  trained malware removal expert can look at them to create fixes for you to run if anything shows up in them.

We know how it ended up the last time you posted logs.

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

The tool only gathers info (logs) so a  trained malware removal expert can look at them to create fixes for you to run if anything shows up in them.

We know how it ended up the last time you posted logs.

I don’t intend to do that again, though I won’t be able to upload logs tonight, since I’m currently not near my computer.

If possible and people are here, I can upload logs tomorrow.

My ISP has detected problems in my area in regards to internet connectivity, etc, so if I can’t upload them tomorrow, I’ll surely be able to on the 21st, as that’s when these issues should be fixed.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Badran said:

If possible and people are here, I can upload logs tomorrow.

Just post when you can and some one can get to them when they can.

4 hours ago, Badran said:

and is there a new release of the support tool available?

This is the current support tool.

If my internet allows me to upload, I’m going to upload the logs tonight.

At the moment I was running scans since I hadn’t turned my PC on in several days. I also ran the defender offline scan, and when it was getting ready to sign me out, I saw a taskbar icon that resembled a pair of keys and wanted to know if that’s normal or not.

mbst-grab-results.zip

Ok, so here are my logs that are finally uploaded.

I did a bunch yesterday but couldn't upload them, but also noticed an extension I hadn't used in almost 5 years or more years, and promptly removed it after getting really paranoid. Looking at the chrome store page it didn't seem malicious, but who knows.

Hopefully this uploads fine.

Looking through my logs, I was wondering if it was normal for them to say that the windows defender scan had been cancelled before it finished (not the exact wording but it’s something along those lines)

I also don’t know if any of the errors I could have are normal or safe.

I guess another thing I’ve been paranoid is my idle GPU temperature being 50, though it’s always been like that since I built this PC.

Another thing I’d like to ask is how normal would boot and restart times be?

I’ve when it comes to powering on, it takes around 12 seconds from when I see the motherboard logo on screen, and around 9 seconds to power off. Hardware plays a part I assume, since the motherboard is designed to cycle through all the error lights in order before the system starts up I think. My SSD is also a year old now, so maybe age plays a part?

I figured I'd upload another zip with more up to date logs, as I did install a new version of that ASUS GPU Tweak III I mentioned in an earlier post.

For some reason my C drive now has a bit more space too, when I didn't delete anything. Maybe it was a driver update for my mother board or something else, but I'm not sure.

I won't do anything else for the time being.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

mbst-grab-results.zip

• Root Admin

Have a Merry Christmas

Step away from the computer a bit and relax. They're supposed to be fun to use,not constantly worry about them.

Setup good back up and even if something does happen you can always restore it back.

Backup Software
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/136226-backup-software