VPN Not Spoofing Location Good Enough | YouTube TV Doesn't Work

vitamin
Go to solution Solved by Porthos,

When trying to watch YouTube TV and using Malwarebytes VPN product, I get message saying "VPN / Proxy Detected -- To continue, turn off your VPN/Proxy.

When doing some research online, I found this article that suggests the VPN isn't spoofing my location good enough.  Thoughts?

https://www.gadgetmouse.com/youtube-tv-not-working-with-vpn-fix-in-3-quick-steps/#:~:text=If%20your%20current%20VPN%20refuses,Fox%2C%20without%20leaving%20the%20US.

spoof.png

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Disabled live hyperlinks
46 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Many sites are VPN aware. I have to turn it off on Netflix and Amazon Prime Videos.

Malwarebytes VPN was not designed to bypass geo-restricted services.

Thanks.  Do you know if those listed in the article will handle "geo-restricted" services?

https://www.gadgetmouse.com/youtube-tv-not-working-with-vpn-fix-in-3-quick-steps/#:~:text=If%20your%20current%20VPN%20refuses,Fox%2C%20without%20leaving%20the%20US.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Disabled live hyperlinks
1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Also please stop posting links to spammy articles.

Spammy?   lol  Ok.  Piss off.  I'm a typical user with a concern.  I typed in keywords I thought best and this popped up.  

I read the article and it seems accurate.  Find me a better article on Malwarebytes VPN service surrounding this topic and post it then smarty.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, vitamin said:

Piss off.  I'm a typical user with a concern.

I do not appreciate being told to Piss off. As a moderator I am just stating facts about the forum. Acting like that will not be allowed in this forum.

Links here need to be posted in this way to not be considered spam.

Please post URLs safely by using Code Tags.

image.png.d556bd379997fa23b32658127c7bc394.png

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I do not appreciate being told to Piss off. As a moderator I am just stating facts about the forum. Acting like that will not be allowed in this forum.

Links here need to be posted in this way to not be considered spam.

Please post URLs safely by using Code Tags.

image.png.d556bd379997fa23b32658127c7bc394.png

As a user, I don't appreciate being told not to link to "spammy" articles ... touche.  That def wasn't my intent.

Like I said, I used the keywords I thought best and this was the first article that came up.  It answered, and you verified, the article was correct.  There were no popups on the site and overly used "spam" techniques from my POV.   As a moderator, maybe you should work on grace.

Like I said, find me a better article about Malwarebytes VPN service that talks about this issue.

P.S. have the website guru remove the button two places to the left that says "link" if you don't want users to use it.

link.jpg

Edited by vitamin
  • Solution
3 minutes ago, vitamin said:

Like I said, find me a better article about Malwarebytes VPN service that talks about this issue.

I already gave you the info on why it does not work the way you want it to. You are welcome to try the others. They might do what you are looking for in a VPN.

45 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Malwarebytes VPN was not designed to bypass geo-restricted services.

The others might be designed or marketed to do so.

• Root Admin

I've owned a license for almost all of these VPN. Some of them work for a brief time but often are quickly detected and prevented from working.

These companies have millions of dollars on the line and as such they often play a game of cat and mouse. VPN tries to avoid detection and media sites and other sites try to detect. Once detected they simply block your access.

4 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

I've owned a license for almost all of these VPN. Some of them work for a brief time but often are quickly detected and prevented from working.

These companies have millions of dollars on the line and as such they often play a game of cat and mouse. VPN tries to avoid detection and media sites and other sites try to detect. Once detected they simply block your access.

Thanks for the info.  I travel as part of my career (sometimes out of the USA) and just hoping to find something that works.  

The big bummer is that I must to turn off the Malwarebytes VPN to watch (even in the USA) during periods where I'm multitasking ... that is, watching one of these services and working on other stuff.

I understand the complications.  ))

Edited by vitamin
2 minutes ago, vitamin said:

Thanks for the info.  I travel as part of my career (sometimes out of the USA) and just hoping to find something that works.  

The big bummer is that I have to turn off the Malwarebytes VPN to watch.  During this watch period, everything else I do online using that same computer is now vulnerable because the vpn service is turned off.

I understand the complications.  ))

I have a suggestion. Use 2 browsers, one with the VPN on and one with it bypassed so the VPN is not active on YouTube TV.

9 minutes ago, vitamin said:

I hadn't realized you can turn it on via browser specific?

Look in settings and you can bypass a browser or other app.

From the VPN support page, this will tell you how to do it.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500001821062-Connection-rules-in-Malwarebytes-Privacy-for-Windows

Edited by Porthos