When running a VPN im getting a bunch of RTP detections!

8 minutes ago, Zellah said:

How can I know if its something scary or false positives? 

Could you post some of the logs from these detection's.

You can find Scan and Protection logs within the Malwarebytes 4 program in the following location

image.png

RTP stands for Real-Time Protection and is where automatic protection operations would normally be logged

image.png

If you click on the View option you should get something similar to the following with other options available.

image.png

Thank you

It must be due to some server(s) the games are trying to connect to. Many games use p2p connections to play online. As long as the games aren't at risk for connecting to malicious content (which they shouldn't be), you should be able to simply exclude the games' executables from Web Protection using the method described under the Allow an application to connect to the Internet section of this support article.

World of Warcraft does not use p2p connections (to my knowledge) for anything since the game is hosted on dedicated servers (The IP of this servers is public and does not match the IP Adresses of the outbound conections the VPN is trying to make), im not certain if it has something to do on how VPNs work. The detections only happen when Im running the VPN, should I uninstall the VPN then?  

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Some VPN services will route thru bad IP addresses.

That is up to you. I would never bother to use a VPN to play a game.

I see, my ISP routing to Europe and sometimes to NA is abysmal, and it improves my ping by 50-100ms which is a lot. I go from 250 to 165 when playing on European servers and from 190 to 145 in North American ones.