Pc not acting right tried everything please help

Go to solution Solved by Maurice Naggar,

Hello and thanks in advance I am bashing ead into wall trying to get my home pc running right Its slow wont update drivers keeps telling me Im not the administrator 

I cant switch network id to home pc it keeps reverting back to buisness. 

Ive run scans non stop and all come back negative im lost 

even the zip from support tool is showing as public desktop

Hello :welcome: @robmairguard

I will guide you along on looking for remaining malware. Lets keep these principles as we go along.

• Removing malware can be unpredictable
  • Please don't run any other scans, download, install or uninstall any programs while I'm working with you.
  • Only run the tools I guide you to.
  • Do not run online games while case is on-going. Do not do any free-wheeling web-surfing.
  • The removal of malware isn't instantaneous, please be patient.
  • Cracked or or hacked or pirated programs are not only illegal, but also will make a computer a malware victim. Having such programs installed, is the easiest way to get infected. It is the leading cause of ransomware encryptions. It is at times also big source of current trojan infections. Please uninstall them now, if any are here, before we start the cleaning procedure.
  • Please stick with me until I give you the "all clear".
  • If your system is running Discord, please be sure to Exit out of it while this case is on-going.

Thank you for the report set from the Malwarebytes-support-tool.

Take these actions so that Windows 11 is set to show all hidden files and folders.
Open File Explorer from the taskbar.

Select View > Show > Hidden items.

Select View ShowFile name extensions

+

Start Malwarebytes. Click Settings ( gear ) icon. Next, lets make real sure that Malwarebytes does NOT register with Windows Security Center

Click the Security Tab. Scroll down to

"Windows Security Center"

Click the selection to the left  for the line "Always register Malwarebytes in the Windows Security Center".
{ We want that to be set as Off   .... be sure that line's  radio-button selection is all the way to the Left.  thanks. }

This will not affect any real-time protection of the Malwarebytes for Windows    😃.

Close Malwarebytes.

>

This here you can start & once it is under way, you can leave the machine alone & let it run over-night. No need to keep watch once it starts the actual scan run. 

Next, This will be a check with ESET Onlinescanner for viruses, other malware, adwares, & potentially unwanted applications.

Go to https://download.eset.com/com/eset/tools/online_scanner/latest/esetonlinescanner.exe

It will start a download of "esetonlinescanner.exe"

• Save the file to your system, such as the Downloads folder, or else to the Desktop.
  • Go to the saved file, and double click it to get it started.

• When presented with the initial ESET options, click on "Computer Scan".
  • Next, when prompted by Windows, allow it to start by clicking Yes
  • When prompted for scan type, Click on Full scan

Look at & tick ( select ) the radio selection "Enable ESET to detect and quarantine potentially unwanted applications" and click on Start scan button.

• Have patience. The entire process may take an hour or more. There is an initial update download.

There is a progress window display. You may step away from machine &. Let it be.  That is, once it is under way, you should leave it running.  It will run for several hours.

• At screen "Detections occured and resolved" click on blue button "View detected results"
  • On next screen, at lower left, click on blue "Save scan log"
  • View where file is to be saved. Provide a meaningful name for the "File name:"
  • On last screen, set to Off (left) the option for Periodic scanning
  • Click "save and continue"
  • Please attach the report file so I can review
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Maurice Naggar said:

I will guide you along on looking for remaining malware. Lets keep these principles as we go along.

• Please don't run any other scans, download, install or uninstall any programs while I'm working with you.
  • Do not run online games while case is on-going. Do not do any free-wheeling web-surfing.
  • Cracked or or hacked or pirated programs are not only illegal, but also will make a computer a malware victim. Having such programs installed, is the easiest way to get infected. It is the leading cause of ransomware encryptions. It is at times also big source of current trojan infections. Please uninstall them now, if any are here, before we start the cleaning procedure.
  • If your system is running Discord, please be sure to Exit out of it while this case is on-going.

Take these actions so that Windows 11 is set to show all hidden files and folders.

+

Start Malwarebytes. Click Settings ( gear ) icon. Next, lets make real sure that Malwarebytes does NOT register with Windows Security Center

Click the selection to the left  for the line "Always register Malwarebytes in the Windows Security Center".
{ We want that to be set as Off   .... be sure that line's  radio-button selection is all the way to the Left.  thanks. }

This will not affect any real-time protection of the Malwarebytes for Windows    😃.

Close Malwarebytes.

>

This here you can start & once it is under way, you can leave the machine alone & let it run over-night. No need to keep watch once it starts the actual scan run. 

Next, This will be a check with ESET Onlinescanner for viruses, other malware, adwares, & potentially unwanted applications.

Go to https://download.eset.com/com/eset/tools/online_scanner/latest/esetonlinescanner.exe

• Save the file to your system, such as the Downloads folder, or else to the Desktop.

Look at & tick ( select ) the radio selection "Enable ESET to detect and quarantine potentially unwanted applications" and click on Start scan button.

• Have patience. The entire process may take an hour or more. There is an initial update download.

There is a progress window display. You may step away from machine &. Let it be.  That is, once it is under way, you should leave it running.  It will run for several hours.

• At screen "Detections occured and resolved" click on blue button "View detected results"
  • View where file is to be saved. Provide a meaningful name for the "File name:"

ESETSCANRESULT.txt

3 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Close Malwarebytes.

>

was there a step i cant see or missed where the > is ?

4 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

+

Close Malwarebytes.

>

sorry to be annoying this is last message I forgot to add these to orginal message 

thank you again have a good night 

FRST.txt Addition.txt

Note that it is undesired that you keep pressing the "Quote" button when starting a Reply to this topic. That makes the the whole thread larger to wade thru and deeper.
Just simply start typing in the white box at the very bottom to begin a reply. You and I are the only ones on this thread.
NOTE 2:
It would be faster to do a proper erase / wipe system / and do a real clean Windows setup. You reported have rebuilt Windows at least once. I have to think that somewhere at some point, there was something overlooked ... a zag when there ought to have been a 'zig'.
A proper rebuild takes something less than one day, more like half-day of expenditure of time.
This next custom fix run is an attempt to remove a big huge number of suppressed services, attempt to remove policy restrictions, attempt to fully Enable Microsoft Defender antivirus, to set MS Defender to standard settings, to attempt scans with MS Defender, to rest the Winsock, to clear the temporary cache on Edge. To attempt to help with future Windows Updates.

This custom script is for  Robmaiguard  machine  only / for this machine only.

• Please save the (attached file named) FIXLIST.txt   to the   Downloads   folder

Fixlist.txt <<< - - - - -

Please be sure to Close any open work files, documents,  any apps you started yourself  before starting this. THIS run will do a Windows RESTART. Once it starts it will auto-close any other running app.

We will use FRST64.exe  on the Downloads folder    to run a custom script .    The system will be rebooted after the script has run. 

Start the Windows Explorer and then, go  to the Downloads    folder.

RIGHT click on FRST64.exe    and select RUN as Administrator and allow it to proceed.  Reply YES when prompted to allow to run.

•    If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version.
  • IF Windows prompts you about running this, select YES to allow it to proceed.
  • IF you get a block message from Windows about this tool......

click line More info information on that screen
               and click button Run anyway on next screen.

• on the FRST window:

Click the Fix button just once, and wait.

PLEASE have patience when this starts. You will see a green progress bar start. Lots of patience.  Please attach the Fixlog.txt with your next reply. 

( 2 )

Current DNS Servers: 192.168.1.1

Please consider changing your default DNS Server settings. Please choose one provider only

DNS is what lets users connect to websites using domain names instead of IP addresses

Pick just one of these 4 providers. And be aware that you need to modify 1 time for IPV4 & a 2nd pass for IPv6

• Google Public DNS: IPv4   8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4   IPv6   2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844
  • Cloudflare: IPv4   1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1   IPv6   2606:4700:4700::1111 and 2606:4700:4700::1001
  • OpenDNS: IPv4   208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220  IPv6  2620:119:35::35 and 2620:119:53::53
  • DNSWATCH: IPv4   84.200.69.80 and 84.200.70.40   IPv6  2001:1608:10:25::1c04:b12f and 2001:1608:10:25::9249:d69b

The Ultimate Guide to Changing Your DNS Server
https://www.howtogeek.com/167533/the-ultimate-guide-to-changing-your-dns-server/

Here is a YouTube video on Changing DNS settings if needed

Edited by Maurice Naggar

The change sign in options are missing and if I click ok it asks if I want to download an app from the store

I just found out that for some unknown reason my wife created two users while I was at work 

regular local user accounts 

after you told us not to make any changes to the pc 

Manually shutting down (forcibly) ( that is. POWER down the machine, wait 1 minute, then POWER up ) three times in a row will bring you to the Advanced Boot Options screen. Thereafter, press like F8 or F10 function-key to select SAFE mode with Networking ( if you wish)

PLUS, at each time you are powering up the machine, PRESS and hold the SHIFT-key on the computer-keyboard.
IF this does not help, Power-off and repeat the power up and this time press and hold the F8 function key during the power-up and during the startup of Windows.

On the "login" screen do not go fast. Slow down and look at all potential options.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

I am sorry that you have encountered these issues.
click OK on that last screen, to get it out of the way. 

IF you do not see the "login" window now, POWER OFF the machine. Wait one minute. Then power ON and go slow.
IF this is a laptop or notebook, you will have to PRESS and HOLD DOWN the power off button for several seconds till you feel that all power is off.

Now about the Windows start-up. Does it ask you to provide a password ? or a PIN ?

That is the part in the startup process where one must go real slow and intentional ! There is a spot where you can select something like "I forgot my PIN". which will be shown right under the white-text-box where normally one enters the PIN or password.

NEXT time the machine is started up:
Move your mouse pointer over that text-line ( I forgot my PIN )  and press Enter-key. It will then take you to the Microsoft Account page. There you can login and do what is necessary to either retrieve your password or PIN, or else, to change it. I cannot over-estimate how important it is to go slow & careful.

By the way, tell me if you have another working Windows machine where you are, plus, if you have a re-usable or new USB-thumb-drive-stick of at least 8 GB capacity. If so, recommend you make a USB with the Media Creation tool for Windows 11 or else, get the ISO.

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/create-windows-11-bootable-usb-installation-media.750/

• Thanks 1

First let me say no need to be sorry your trying to help a man miles away on a forum :-) 

ok so step by step 

pc powers on Lock Screen pops up with my name and under it says

“something happened and your pin isn’t available, click to set up pin again”

I click it and the welcome word and blue spinning wheel shows then it kicks back to the loading screen 

and a weird box pops up 

Search for app in the Store?

Search for app in the Store?

You need to install an app for this task.

Would you like to search for one in the Store?

yes.        No…..

I do have another pc and multiple laptops but I fear they are all infected 

thanks to my kids :-(

I thought about it. Ur was waiting for you but it’s a moot point anyway 

since I can’t get admin access to the computer 

I’m at a total loss :-( 

I know I can get the admin come prompt in recovery environment but even that isn’t working 

my MS user account doesn’t show in net user
And

net user administrator active yes

says command complete but the administrator doesn’t show up on the Lock Screen