System restore not fixed properly

hi,

my computer(windows xp pro) was recently hit by spyware(police pro,security tool etc). i couldnt access task manager, system restore ,unable to run any program etc. i ran Ad-aware, malwarebytes, superantispyware and spybot...

everything seems to be removed now...

but the system restore even though now accessible ...the previous restore points are not available.....i am not sure if system restore points are lost or its not fixed properly..

i would like to use sytem restore to go back to a week before the day spyware hit ...can someone please help me

red

thank you for your response

it is Xp Professional ...

i am not sure its 100% clean.

malwarebytes cleaned certain spyware, spybot cleaned certain others and superantispyware cleaned the others...

so i am not sure .......if i try another antispyware it may detect and clean certain others...

it seems any one anti spyware is not able to remove all types of spyware and malware

• Root Admin

Well if you're not sure then it's best to allow someone with experience assist you with scanning and cleaning.

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.