Portable version of Malwarebytes

Hello - I wanted to know if Malwarebytes - (free version) could be installed and run from a portable drive like a USB sticket or USB drive? I am a support tech and I use my USB stick because it has all the tools and apps I need to support my customers. I would like to be able to run Malwarebytes (free version) from the bootable USB stick to scan infected machines and clean them. If anyone has done this or if this can be done, please let me know how this could be done. I have run into several malicious infections that just disables anything from running even in safe mode so running from the USB would be a way to scan and clean the machine. Thanks in advance for any help and support.

• Root Admin

I'm sorry but at this time it's not possible to run it from a USB stick or CD-ROM. You must install it on the system that is to be cleaned.

Just a note though that a USB drive is a dangerous method to use as there are a few Malware infections that can and will infect a USB drive and easily transfer that infection over to an otherwise clean system. I would highly recommend using a CD with tools to install or run whenever possible.

If you got infected with something like one of the file infectors and transferred it back to your main PC you'd be rather upset.

There is some working going on in that area but it is slow and no set date as to when it might be available.

Also, if you have not purchased a Technicians License for the produt then you're in violation of the EULA and are illegally using the product. The FREE version is strictly for a home user, and not for a Technician to use on fixing a customers PC.

You can purchase a Technician License online for a quite reasonable fee which then also provides you with Tech Support when needed.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/corporate.php

I'm sorry but at this time it's not possible to run it from a USB stick or CD-ROM. You must install it on the system that is to be cleaned.

Just a note though that a USB drive is a dangerous method to use as there are a few Malware infections that can and will infect a USB drive and easily transfer that infection over to an otherwise clean system. I would highly recommend using a CD with tools to install or run whenever possible.

If you got infected with something like one of the file infectors and transferred it back to your main PC you'd be rather upset.

There is some working going on in that area but it is slow and no set date as to when it might be available.

Thanks for that info and I do look forward to a cd-rom version in the future.

Also, if you have not purchased a Technicians License for the produt then you're in violation of the EULA and are illegally using the product. The FREE version is strictly for a home user, and not for a Technician to use on fixing a customers PC.

You can purchase a Technician License online for a quite reasonable fee which then also provides you with Tech Support when needed.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/corporate.php

Thanks for the license info. I was not aware so I will take care of that right away. This is a great product and I do appreciate the excellent support provided by your organization. Customer for Life!