Detail Step by Step how to made a developer log.

I'm posting this, because MBAM found the Backdoor.Bot on my Vista and XP. :) However, Norton, SAS, Window Defender did not find any Backdoor.Bot. But I had a difficult time posting the developer log for Bruce. Appreciated and thanks for your helped Bruce. :)

Please, can somebody write in detail how to made a developer log for reporting False Positive. I followed the following step, but I guess I did it incorrectly. :)

1. Click the Start Menu

2. Click Run

3. Type in mbam.exe / developer, without any quotes.

4. Run the same type of scan you did before and save the logfile and post it. (Confused from here, because how about after the first scan, MBAM had already quarantine or deleted the bad stuff. When the second scan using the developer log steps above, MBAM would find nothing because it was already deleted or quarantine. So, I have to restore what it found and re-scan using the developer log steps, right? And post that, right? :)

In saving the logfile. Can I save it under the Save As, then save in the Desktop, then Upload with the next post. I don't understand how to put something in zip file either. :)

I was a very stressfull for me yesterday, because of this Backdoor.Bot thing. I hope it was False Positive. Thank you :)

1. Click the Start Menu

2. Click Run

3. Type in mbam.exe / developer, without any quotes.

4. Run the same type of scan you did before and save the logfile and post it. (Confused from here, because how about after the first scan, MBAM had already quarantine or deleted the bad stuff. When the second scan using the developer log steps above, MBAM would find nothing because it was already deleted or quarantine. So, I have to restore what it found and re-scan using the developer log steps, right? And post that, right? :)

In saving the logfile. Can I save it under the Save As, then save in the Desktop, then Upload with the next post. I don't understand how to put something in zip file either. :blush:

Hi control_tps

It looks like you have a space between / and developer. Maybe it's just a typo but it should be mbam.exe /developer.

Yes you are right, if the files are currently quarantined, there is nothing for MBAM to find so it will appear as a normal log. You will need to restore those files and then re-run the Quick Scan. Once MBAM finds it, it will create the log with a hash number next to each of the detected infections.

You can save the log file anywhere you like. Then just open it in Notepad (make sure Word Wrap is OFF) and then copy and paste it into your reply.

Hello Jacktivity,

Thank you. :) I did not clicked the "Save Logfile", instead had MBAM deleted it. However, a nice picture of "how to create step by step developer log" would be helpful, please. :blush: I believe, I figured it out now. I'm in the process of scanning both Vista/XP and will post the developer log. Still, MBAM is awesome and the people are very supportive. :)

About the Notepad

I open my Notepad: Notepad> go to Format, >and Word Wrap is not check. So, this mean that the Word Wrap is OFF, because the "check" mark is missing, right? There was no "On or OFF " choice in Notepad pertaining to the Word Wrap.

Once again, thank you.

About the Notepad

I open my Notepad: Notepad> go to Format, >and Word Wrap is not check. So, this mean that the Word Wrap is OFF, because the "check" mark is missing, right? There was no "On or OFF " choice in Notepad pertaining to the Word Wrap.

Once again, thank you.

Yes, right again. No check mark means it is turned off. If you experiment by clicking it to add and remove the check mark while a file is open, it will be usually be very obvious. When it's not on, it makes readability much easier for the people helping you.

You're very welcome.