is this normal behavior or a bug?

brad03

5 hours ago, brad03 said:

I noticed when i click on the Malwarebytes tray icon in the taskbar more then twice it will close the "UI" this did not happen in version 4.0. Just wondering if this is normal behavior or potentially a bug.    

If i were a Malwarebytes-Angel, i would say: "it´s just too fast for your eyes" 😇😇

This behavoir happens to me, when i click twice.

If they are too fast (for your eyes to follow), you are too weak (too use it). 😉  (Maybe Malwarebytes cooperates with Fishermen´s friend? 🤔)

Edited by FetzBox22

27 minutes ago, icolcear said:

@brad03 Yes, slightly different behavior from MB4. 

1 click on tray icon -> Open UI

1 click on tray icon with UI open -> Close UI

That's why when you click twice it opens, then closes.

I am personally curious what you think of this change. Is it useful? Or does it just cause you confusion?

I mean i don't personally have an issue with it. I just saw it as "abnormal" from the other version it's not an issue at all for me just thought i would bring it up if it was a possible bug. Overall i love how responsive the new UI is and how everything is nicely integrated.    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, icolcear said:

@brad03 Yes, slightly different behavior from MB4. 

1 click on tray icon -> Open UI

1 click on tray icon with UI open -> Close UI

That's why when you click twice it opens, then closes.

I am personally curious what you think of this change. Is it useful? Or does it just cause you confusion?

@icolcear

I personally think this behaviour will cause confusion.

When a user opens up Malwarebytes via the tray icon, it is sometimes slow to respond and users will have the habit of clicking the tray icon twice particularly on slower end PCs. That will cause the UI to not open.

Majority of users will close Malwarebytes with 'X' or closing the Program via the Taskbar so it could cause issues.

Edited by Alikhan
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Alikhan said:

When a user opens up Malwarebytes via the tray icon, it is sometimes slow to respond and users will have the habit of clicking the tray icon twice particularly on slower end PCs. That will cause the UI to not open.

Majority of users will close Malwarebytes with 'X' or closing the Program via the Taskbar so it could cause issues.

I think the same.

(thank´s for restoring my world...) -> use it for your advertising campain:

if it is too fast for your eyes to see than you are not too weak.

Even if you blink your eyes - we protect you.

Malware never sleeps, and neither do we.

Malwarebytes 5: the fastest user experience you will have with an anti-malware solution in your lifetime.

• Thanks 1

• Staff
On 10/14/2022 at 6:43 PM, Alikhan said:

@icolcear

Thanks for the feedback @Alikhan @FetzBox22 @Phxflyer @brad03

It will open in the case you mentioned. Close only happens on tray icon click if UI is open. If it is still initializing (on an old machine) it will just ignore the second click and continue opening. :) 

We had the same behavior in the Privacy VPN application, and I implemented it the same in MB5 when we initially started development because it kind of shows off the speed of the new UI 😁.

That being said, this is a very easy behavior to change, and now I wanted to assess what users think about it, to come to a decision if we should change it to double-click to open UI, or don't close on tray icon click and both click/double-click just open UI, instead of the current behavior.

Edited by icolcear