Security Tool - lsas.blaster.keyloger

I am having issues with a malware called Security Tool.

I attempted to follow the basic steps - download and run anti-malware, download and run Avira, download and run HiJack This, but I could not run any of them. Each time, the malware blocks them and a message comes on saying that each item is "infected with worm Lsas.Blaster.Keyloger"

Any suggestions on how to remove this?

Thanks for your help.

• Staff

Hi,

To run malwarebytes when you get the error code 2 during install, or mbam.exe gets deleted, please see here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29028

Once malwarebytes opens, click the "Update" tab, click "Check for Updates" in order to download the updates.

Then run the scan, let mbam quarantine/delete what it found and reboot afterwards.

After reboot, post the malwarebytes log together with a new HijackThislog.

I followed the instructions, and ran malwarebytes scan a few times, and now everything is fine. The logs are all clean as well. Thanks so much for your assistance.

I am having issues with a malware called Security Tool.

I attempted to follow the basic steps - download and run anti-malware, download and run Avira, download and run HiJack This, but I could not run any of them. Each time, the malware blocks them and a message comes on saying that each item is "infected with worm Lsas.Blaster.Keyloger"

Any suggestions on how to remove this?

Thanks for your help.

• Staff

Glad I could help. :)

Please read my Prevention page with lots of info and tips how to prevent this in the future.

And if you want to improve speed/system performance after malware removal, take a look here.

Extra note: Make sure your programs are up to date - because older versions may contain Security Leaks. To find out what programs need to be updated, please run the Secunia Software Inspector Scan.

Happy Surfing again!